“Great service, great food, unusual thali menu”
Review of Anjanaas

Anjanaas
Ranked #56 of 24,813 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Anjanaas is a family run South Indian restaurant, focuses mainly a region in southern most state of India called Kerala, 'The Gods own county'. Our menu is created given more emphasis on Kerala costal cuisine and also considering some of the tandoori dishes too, keeping in mind that we offer a casual and joyous atmosphere where every guest of ours can relax and enjoy the time with us.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My son took me for Mother's Day and it was busy and buzzing. I had chicken tikka starter which was really succulent and soft. My husband chose the thali and loved the soup which came first. His only comment was there wasn't enough rice to soak up all the curry dishes in the thali, but he is on a diet so we didn't order extra. I gave him some of my pilau rice as the portion was plentiful, but then I have a small appetite these days. My son and I both chose the Khozi Varutha chicken curry which was hot....I asked for medium, so next time will ask for mild! I loved it as can take a hot curry but I didn't want to set off my head cold again as I was just recovering. It was too big for me and they happily boxed it for me to take home. My husband had the vermicelli pudding which came with the thali and it was very nice (I had a spoon). I had gulaab jamun and son had pistachio kulfi. The poppadoms were unusual and went down well. The house wine was fine.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is surprisingly good South Indian food, in a very diverse and fun neighborhood. With planning in advance, they were able to accomodate a group of 30, and provided preordered starters, mains and dessert for a reasonable price. I love this food, and I would go back.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I love food ... and I had been coming to the restaurant for almost 5th time and all 5 times they never let me down with the taste and quality . The best south Indian kerala restaurant. The service was high quality served always with a smiling face . All should try here .. am sure everyone will come again

Reviewed 18 March 2018

My partner and I went for dinner after a recommendation from a friend and I’m so glad we listened! I love South Indian food and have struggled to find any nice restaurants in London until now.

Couldn’t fault anything we ordered, it was all amazing - full of flavour! Staff were also very friendly.

Highly recommend and can’t wait to return..

Reviewed 15 March 2018

First time here and just had a Thali lunch which had a daal, vegetable curry, chicken curry (so tasty), rice and Dosa & 2 chutneys .... oh my goodness, it was absolutely delicious - £6.95! British curry award winner for 2017 and I can see why- I will be back to try the main menu. The fish section looks amazing. Comfortable, clean place. Such lovely staff too - Prince is a Poppet. Treat yourself, you won’t be sorry.