“Welcoming small hotel”
Review of My Chelsea

My Chelsea
Ranked #521 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This is a small ('boutique' in French, apparently) hotel at the West end of things in Central London. With relatively few rooms it felt nicely like staying at someone's house rather than the anonymous people factories which abound. The decor is pale wood and the dining/lounge/bar room very comfy with newspapers, magazines and books.

We did not dine so cannot comment but the tapas menu looked nice - breakfast was continental and fine with lots of choice. On day 2 the eggs ran out and were not replaced when we finished (had we had the time to ask I'm sure they would have turned up). The tea/coffee (very nice) is served individually from a whoosher machine and on day 2 we waited more than 10 minutes as there were quite a few people (about a dozen) which strained the system a bit (see the eggs remark).

We had very peaceful and comfy nights until the turbojets into Heathrow cranked up about silly o'clock but you can't blame the hotel for that. Just grateful that the loudest noise at home is a fox slaughtering local wildlife...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for My Chelsea

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Good location - situated not far from Kings Road. All staff were very friendly and we were made to feel very welcome. Hotel had a lovely homely feel, complete with complimentary muffins in reception. Breakfast was good - continental style. However, the room was very small and for this reason, I do feel it was over priced at £250 a night. Would we stay here again? Probably not as I am sure we would be able to find something that offers better value for money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2011

Dear SunshineSevenoaks,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at myhotel Chelsea.
I am pleased you were satisfied with the hotel and it's services. Our rates usually vary and fluctuate compared to the hotel business level and due to special events happening in the city, that can create higher room rates in the busy periods.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to check best available rates in the future should you decided to give a try in staying with us.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

This seems a perfect hotel for exploring London or business trips. It's location is great, only a 5-10 minute walk to South Kensington tube and 30 seconds to Sloane Avenue where there are taxis, buses and plenty of shopping e.g. The Conran Shop and Bibendum within 2 mins walk.
My stay was a quick overnighter and i didn't get to try any food, but the bar was excellent and cosy, a very boutiquey feel to the entire place.
My room was comfortable but not too spacious, the bathroom was again quite bijou but had all the necessary quality fittings....only niggle here was my own personal dislike of over-softened water that means you feel like the soap never rinses off !
There was a large wardrobe and a large electronic safe operated with your room card, plenty of space for laptop, phone, etc etc..
The double bed was comfortable with nice pillows of different sizes. The in-room refreshments were a bit on the expensive side (normal for this type of hotel), there is a Sainsburys a 2 min walk around the corner, stock up there for any essentials.
The Reception staf were friendly (didn't see any fairy cakes available....rumour), and checkin and out were easy.
WOuld i come back ? definitely, its comfortable, quiet and an ideal location.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Zoom6562,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at myhotel Chelsea.
I was glad to read you were satisfied with the hotel's location and services, including out new three5 Worldtapas restaurant's design and atmosphere. Allow me to assure you our muffins are not a myth- we have them in Reception for our guests! Looking forward to welcome you back and invite you to try our delicious muffins!
Should you need any assistance for your next stay’s arrangements, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We like to stay in boutique hotels in this area, and since discovering MyHotel Chelsea we keep returning to this one. The hotel is ideally situated in a quiet street ensuring a good nights sleep, close to public transport, and walking distance to some fabulous shops and restaurants. We stayed in a superior room on the second floor with a super comfortable bed. The hotel staff are very helpful and there are nice things like filtered water and cupcakes complimentary in the reception area. There is also a lovely lounge area with computers and printer free to use during your stay which proved to be very handy for us. We would like to thank the Hotel Manager, Victoria, who helped us through our dilemma when the hotel we had booked to stay in Paris sent us a note that that had bumped us to another hotel the night before we were due to arrive. Victoria phoned the hotel and spoke to them (she is fluent in French) to make sure we had suitable alternative accommodation and everything would be alright for our visit. She also made another recommendation for accommodation in the south of France that turned out to the simply amazing. Thank you Victoria.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Heather T,
Thank you for for choosing myhotel Chelsea as a part of your wedding anniversary trip.
Thank you for the lovely comments! It has been our pleasure to be your host while in London and I am happy to hear it worked out well in Paris and the south of France.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Having just moved out of London I was eager to get back for a little shopping and seeing friends. I had previously stayed in other hotels in London, but having spent the last year living in Knightsbridge and shortly after in Chelsea, I was looking to stay in a hotel near to these areas. myhotel Chelsea is truly in the heart of Chelsea, I enjoyed very much walking from the hotel to Harrods (7 minutes walk).

The hotel room was large, very comfortable and well appointed. The prices were also extremely enticing, not the usual 300 pounds a night, but were closer to the 130 pounds if I recall correctly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
ViktoriaVaradi, Manager at My Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

Dear pauljansen,
Thank you for your lovely review of your last stay with us. I was delighted to read you enjoyed staying in the "heart of Chelsea". We are looking forward to welcoming you back so should you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.