All reviews lay your head clean hotel tea and coffee making facilities pancras tube
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Pros:
- close to Kings Cross for travel

Cons:
- broken single-glazed window so you hear incredibly loud traffic and partying all night
- no air con and a radiator that stays on which means the room is always ridiculously hot
- very poor soundproofing to the corridors and other rooms
- toilet had to be flushed three times before it actually flushed
- toilet sewage smell
- WiFi continually cuts out
- not very clean in any respects, including dust and grime
- breakfast room is simply not big enough for the amount of people staying so you end up bumping into other people or having to wait and queue outside
- assured by the mysterious “manager” before my stay that I had a third floor room booked, then upon arrival informed by the receptionist I had a basement room and there was nothing he could do. Receptionist says I must speak to “the manager” for a refund but has no idea when “the manager” will return
- even my room key managed to break off the key ring when locking the door!
- highly recommend that you do not stay here, even for this cheap price there are much better hotels. Or maybe try to pay a bit more for a somewhere better, where you will actually get a good night’s sleep and not worry about the hygiene.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Mkaur11
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

The Arriva Hotel is ideal for what we were looking for our two night stay in London. It is a 5 minute walk from Kings Cross Station, which is great if you're using the train or tube. The staff are friendly, and the rooms are clean. After seeing some of the reviews on TripAdvisor we were a little unsure about staying here, but we are glad we did. We had a TV, fridge, hairdryer and complimentary soap/shampoo. The only downside was that the rooms were very warm and we didn't want to leave the window open being on the ground floor. Would come again and recommend it to others.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Well located nearby King's Cross/St Pancras stations with restaurants, pubs, stores and exchange houses at walking distance. Rooms are small but clean and comfortable. Breakfast room may get crowded so I suggest you don't leave it for the last minute. Night shift receptionist Adrian was wonderful, very friendly, helpful and kind at all times.Wifi signal was not very good inside the room (#3).

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniela G
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

We spend 4 nights at the hotel and we really liked it. It was very close to Kings Cross station, bus stations and many shops. The reception was very friendly. The room was warm and comfortable. Sometimes the wifi didn't work and the breakfast was Okey but there the staff were less friendly.
I would come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I’d recommend you contact your phone company beforehand and asking for more internet data, because the WiFi here doesn’t work at all. The locations alright though - if you’re wanting to order a deliveroo; plenty of good stuff on there, sadly that doesn’t outweigh the fact there is no air con in any of the rooms and all of the beds are extremely uncomfortable. We were on the ground floor but bravely made the life threatening decision to keep the window open at night - not that I would of minded if anyone came and took me though, probably would have been a lucky escape.

Date of stay: June 2017