Arriva Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the Arriva for a 3 night stay this week. Upon first impression, our room was clean and tidy, kept to a good standard, although maybe a little small. The staff were friendly but after asking on our second day for extra pillows we were told there were none and that house keeping would put some in for us for our final night, no such thing happened. The breakfast was very basic, and not in a good way! There was a small choice of poor quality items available. The hotel's only redeeming quality is the location, but all in all, it wasn't a horrifying place to stay in the least, and (for the most part) suited our needs during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Arriva Hotel. First, it is only a 10-minute walk from King's Cross/St. Pancras International Tube/Train Station, as well as the transit hub for several city bus lines. This part of central London is inner city, but I felt safe at all times. The Arriva was minutes on foot from great English food as well as ethnic food and small stores to buy food to consume in my room, as well as a Post Office and money exchange establishments. There is no guest laundry (nor did I locate a laundromat nearby) but there is a nearby dry cleaner that also provides laundry service. The breakfast buffet, which included ham, cheese, yogurt, juices, and other items, was included in my room contract and served on linen in the basement with the morning news on television, making the most of a modest offering. The staff was friendly, and there is a coin-operated public internet terminal in the lobby. The room and bath were very small, but clean, and I enjoyed fresh air from a large window. I had a double room that I would find too cramped for two persons. It was a quiet hotel with respectful guests, and I recommend it for the money and its location, but not if you require ample space. The property has an elevator but does not appear otherwise wheelchair accessible.

Room Tip: If you are solo, go ahead and pay for a double room. My particular room, even though it was a double, would not have been adequate for two travelers with luggage, but I rested comfortably and would return.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Just stayed at this hotel. Despite previous reviews, we didn't find anything major to complain about. You get what you pay for and if you just need somewhere to crash after a night out in London, this place is ok.
Our room was at the front and yes, it is a busy road and can be quite noisy. Solution.....shut the windows. We did and the noise was cut down by about 95%.
Lady on reception was very cheerful and also very helpful.
Can't comment on the breakfast as we never made it down :)
One thing though, you pay on arrival. Pay with your debit card if you can as there is a 3.5% charge if you pay with a credit card.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thewnderer
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I went on the Arriva hotel website with a view to book one night for myself and my two daughters. The pictures of the rooms looked very neat and clean and as it was during the Olympic period in London, and they had availability, I went ahead and booked. When we arrived at 10 pm at night, exhausted from a long journey, we entered the room to find it vastly different from the pictures on their website. No lovely blue quilts, brown marks on the walls, three cracked tiles in the bathroom, a cheesy smell in the room, curtains falling off the tracks, windows wouldn't close properly, no soap in the shower, kept awake all night by the people above our room. The room was definitely not the one advertised on their website or anything near to it. A definite no no, I would not even put my dogs in this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I didn't do much research when I booked this hotel. I was visiting a friend in London so I just needed a place to crash after a night out. The room was so tiny and had no AC at all, and the worst part was you couldn't even open a window to get any air. They offered us a small fan. The people at the front desk were nice, but it's just a bad place to stay. You can hear people outside from your room, and the breakfast in the morning is simple. It may be cheap but just skip this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends