4,297 results
All reviews buckingham palace taj group victoria street james park big ben beautiful hotel excellent location an upgrade executive room central location london eye afternoon tea london hotel tube station west end quilon concierge
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is such a great hotel! Literally minutes away from Buckingham Palace! You couldn't be more central then the St.James. Not only is the location great but the hotel itself is excellent. I truly enjoyed my stay there!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
GaganSharma2017, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Nadiam1990,

Thank you so much for your very kind words following your stay with us. I am so glad that you made the most of our central London location and also enjoyed the hotel itself too.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

A fantastic and beautiful hotel, great location for our theatre visit to see Wicked. Polite, friendly and helpful staff, especially our check in and check out lady Valerica, she was lovely. The room was amazing and we were upgraded to an executive double, amazing time, definitely recommend and will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GaganSharma2017, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Samantha W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review following your stay with us.

I am happy that you had a fantastic stay and particularly pleased that you found our team friendly and helpful and welcoming too.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we very much look forward to your return soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I recently stayed at this hotel after getting really sick in London. All I wanted was a good night's sleep. Ruta was very kind and put me in a very comfortable room. We had a pleasant stay. Thank you!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jackeline P

Dear Jackeline P,

It was our pleasure to welcome you and i'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Getting a good night's sleep is paramount when choosing your hotel so I'm happy we enabled this for you.

I will pass on your thanks to Ruta who will be thrilled you have mentioned her.

I do hope that you are feeling better and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We were visiting a few museums near Westminster so settled on this hotel for the location, I would definitely stay here again as it is away from the busier tourist areas (even though it is round the corner from Buckingham Palace it never felt too busy on the streets surrounding the hotel) and it is in a good location for different tube stations (mainly St James Park, Westminster and Victoria). The hotel itself is very nice, the room was a good size (we had an executive double). The only downside was that the air conditioning had to be kept on at around 21-22 as when we turned it down or off it seemed to make a high pitched noise, we did report it and I think someone came to look at it whilst we were out but it was still there. All of the staff were very helpful.
We did not use any of the restaurants so cannot comment on them (£30 each for breakfast was a bit excessive considering there are three restaurants within 2 minutes walk with much more reasonable prices).

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DorkforNewYork,

Thank you so much for your review following your stay with us. I am delighted that you found our location to be perfect for your explorations around London and I'm also really pleased that you enjoyed our hotel overall too.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Have stayed at this hotel 2-3 times for work. Location is central which is very convenient, Rooms are decent with good aesthetics and the best part is the hospitality. The staff is professional and know their stuff unlike some other hotels where if you call for room service you have to spend some time explaining to them what you want.
Only once did I have an unpleasant experience where there was a leak in my bathtub which was wetting the walls of the washroom below me and they had to come to my room again and again to fix it. And the concierge that was accompanying the plumber had the guts to tell me that I should use my "washroom properly". I didn't understand what I could have done if the bathtub was leaking and that made me think if he was just being racist. He was white, not sure if he was just rude or racist. Have not encountered any such unpleasantries otherwise.

Date of stay: September 2017
GaganSharma2017, Manager at St. James' Court, A Taj Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Just_reviewing2014,

At the outset, I would like to sincerely apologise for your recent experience. I can assure you we treat all our guests equally irrespective of their background and we take our esteemed guest’s feedback very seriously.

Please allow me to reach out to you privately to gather some more details so, we could investigate the matter.

The team join me in thanking you for your continued patronage and I look forward in speaking with you in private.

Yours Sincerely,