“Closed down”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Clerkenwell
Reviewed 9 February 2015

Since my previous post, this cafe has closed down. There is no indication as to whether it has moved to a different premises or has permanently ceased doing business.

Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

This is my local café. I usually go for the mini breakfast, or just coffee and one of the many cakes on display. The highlight of the mini breakfast is the old Henry sausage. The cakes include passion fruit cake carrot cake, lemon and rosmary drizzle cake, stem ginger cake and guinness chocolate brownie - all delicious. It is really nice how the staff call you by name and let read the papers that are on offer. The café has character and is very light and airy inside. There in are four small tables outside where you can watch the world go by.

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I met a friend for a coffee Milestone Café on the crossroads at East Sheen. The welcome was friendly and service was efficient. The café is pleasant and the food looked good.

I usually go to Rosa down the road but she was shut for the Summer holiday. I am glad we tried out Milestone but I think I will return to Rosa

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to stop in here to kill some time today and I was curious about this place, as I've been walking past this cafe for a few years.

Lovely and humble establishment with great and healthy choices of food and drink. Today, I opted for a freshly made glass of 'Kickstarter' juice, consisting of apples, carrots, veg and ginger. I was happy to see it arrive in a large glass and have been sipping it happily.

For a main, I went for today's special: roasted red pepper and tomato soup. For £4.50, you get a generous serving of chunky soup, wholemeal, seeded bread and butter. I love my soup to be thick, with bits and in a big bowl, and Milestone's soup has ticked all those boxes.

If you live in East Sheen and want to kill some time, read the paper and have a good meal, Milestone is the place.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

... Both times for a simple cappuccino and croissant. The coffee was poor: too milky and bitter. The croissant both times were stale and chewy.
I will try again for proper food because it looked tasty but if you want a Danish and coffee then move along!