“not a holiday inn its a holiday inn express really”

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross
Ranked #491 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“not a holiday inn its a holiday inn express really”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

we arrived for one night, 2 rooms, receptionist was great but thats really were it ends
rooms are clean and probably a holiday inn express standard not a holiday inn
the rooms are very hot and if you open the windows the road noise is noticeable even on the 8th floor.
be aware there is also a tesco 24 hr car park (to the left side of the hotel) 300 yds away and until 2 am cars took to racing around doing screeching "donuts" then came the police helicopter!!
food is at the best edible (and overpriced) in the resturant so try and eat elsewhere first.. didnt try breakfast as we had a 6am start
also, if you need an iron they are not in the rooms and when one did arrive are the awful cheap ones that dont have steam and add more creases than take out so again if you are travelling and need an iron, that can iron, take your own.(this cheap skate attitude in certain holiday inns to a £25 product infuriates me !!)

all in all you get what you pay for in London and its a clean room for a night, Thats IT !!
would i stay again NO id pay the extra 30 quid and stay in swiss cottage holiday inn

Room Tip: get as higher floor as possible and either at the front of the hotel (albeit that faces the busy hig...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Guest_Relations_BX, Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to note you did not have a positive experience. In your comments you have mentioned that you found the room very hot I am surprised as all our rooms are fully air conditioned and we have not received any issues with AC before. Just to keep you informed that we have also invested in new iron which is already in our executive rooms and we have it on requests as well. I have already investigated the situation and ensure the necessary corrective coaching is undertaken. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show we have moved forward in the near future.

e-mail: johnson.joseph@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Runcorn
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Me and two of my friends booked this hotel as we were flying from Heathrow the next day and had travelled down from the North. We received a really friendly welcome, the room was a good size and clean. The bar staff were very friendly and the service was of a good standard. Would stay again if travelling from Heathrow as it's just a taxi ride away.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments from your last stay. As Operations Manager responsible for the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross I was very pleased to note you had an enjoyable stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
e-mail:johnson.joseph@ihg.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Having stayed at this hotel several times over several years, I have slowly watched the decline from filthy carpets, stained bed linen, smelly shower curtains, inferior quality shower products and the list goes on, don't get me started on the terrible food quality. The staff and welcome is very warm, that's is the only good bit. The room was very noisy and we had children running above and to the side of us, at 11 at night, very annoying. I am afraid this hotel has experienced too much of a decline to stay there again.

Room Tip: Go o another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear MrsASuffolk,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We pride our selves on our level of service and Cleanliness. I am very sorry that we fell below your expectations and I would like to discuss this further. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Katie J
Case Manger
IHGCare
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel isn't particularly close to the Tube station, but they run a free shuttle service which actually makes it great for Central London without the steep prices of staying there. The shuttle is available in both directions. If you've stayed with them the night before, you can park your car there all day for free which is superb value.
Norbert on reception is very friendly and efficient, it's fantastic to see someone who clearly enjoys their job!
The rooms are generously sized and very comfortable, and the bathroom was spotlessly clean too. My room was on the 8th floor with a lovely view over a small park (yes, in London!), and being so high there was no traffic noise even though it's right next to a permanently busy roundabout.
Breakfast was great with a good variety to choose from. Room service is promptly delivered and delicious.
My only quibble is that these days, wi-fi Internet access should be free - particularly when charging over £80 per night. Most budget hotels offer free internet, so there's no excuse for Holiday Inn to charge for it! I'd give this hotel 5 stars but really feel one has to come off for the lack of free internet.

Room Tip: Go high - anything above floor 3 is nice and peaceful.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ms_Travelalot
Dear Ms_Travelalot,
Doncaster
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This was not my first stay at this hotel but it was the first time i had stayed more than one night. I stayed for 4 nights with my 7yr old son, check in was fine and the room was as i would expect for a room costing over £80 per night. The cleaner was great and our beds were made and towels changed everyday. That was where the good stuff ended.....we ate in the restaurant the first evening and my Lamb Dansak was a ready meal and the naan bread was a mini packet one, i wasn't impressed. My sons chips were not cooked properly and our meal cost just short of £30. We dared to have breakfast the next morning and although the food was much better than the meal before, it is very overpriced. We ate out from then on!
My other gripe is the charge for extra TV channels?! I thought it was a mistake, surely nowhere charges for digital tv! 5 standard channels when you are paying over £80 a night is very poor and i refused to pay extra for free channels!!! Then to top it off the unbelievable charge of £5 an hour or £16 a day for internet access. Internet cafes dont even charge that, again i was shocked and refused to pay such ridiculously high charges! I drove past a Premier Inn while i was in London and went in to ask prices, not only were the rooms cheaper but they also did have free internet access! This being the case our stay at the Holiday Inn will be our last there. Not sure how a hotel which is so on the outskirts of London can justify such high extra charges! A big shame as i really like the hotel itself.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kkilgour
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to note you did not have a positive experience with our food & beverage offering and that the food did not meet your expectations. Just to keep you updated we have a passionate Head Chef on board and I can assure you that you will see a huge difference in our offering in our restaurant. I understand that there are some Hotels that offer “free” Internet, but as I am sure you may have experienced, often these systems are narrow in bandwidth or limited in usage. The system at the Holiday Inn London Brent Cross is market leading, providing uncontested bandwidth of 35 mbsec and, in response to our guests requirements, Holiday Inn as a company have invested over £9.6m in the past 18 months in order to deliver an internet solution meeting the needs of our guests for today and tomorrow.

I have investigated of cause the situation and I have personally ensured the necessary corrective coaching has been undertaken. I hope you will give us an opportunity to show we have moved forward in the near future.