“Average hotel for average price in London” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pasha Hotel
Ranked #917 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Pembroke Dock, United Kingdom
“Average hotel for average price in London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed here recently room 325 which was quite pleasant and very clean. The first night I didn't get much sleep at all as guests staying in the room above were either sleepwalking all night or perhaps couldn't sleep either. Someone was walking around (I think) most of the night. I spoke to someone at reception and they had a word with the guests. I managed to catch up on sleep the next evening.
Camberwell Road was amazing... It's such a treat to see the multicultural life that goes on there. Had a pleasant time in La Luna and the food was delicious.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are no smoking!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hayley62Wales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Booked this hotel at the last minute for a sudden business trip as limited availability in London that night.

Paid £120 for the night, which was way over the top. Taxi driver laughed when I said where I was going.

Negatives: Very dodgy area, generally shabby public areas, off hand staff and in room TV showing only Turkish/Arabic TV channels.

Positives: Bedroom not bad.

If you just need a room for the night and could get it for £70-£80 a night it would be a reasonable deal. If you're looking for anything more forget it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank John H

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Split, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The service is definitely at the level of reliable 3tar hotel, staff is friendly and hospitable.
Rooms are clean and well furnished. Bus stop is about 100m from the hotel and takes you to Oxford Circus in about 45 min.
I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Spalatus
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have to be honest and admit that I almost panicked and cancelled my booking after reading the reviews on here. I'm so glad I didn't. This was a clean hotel with cheap parking in London. It cost 5 pounds to park our hire car all afternoon, overnight and some of the morning (where everywhere else is 5 pounds per hour!). The bathroom was clean, modern and huge. At first we thought our heater didn't work but after reading the instructions which told us to turn it on and wait five minutes, everything was fine and our room was toasty warm for the rest of our stay. There were complimentary packets of crisps and cans of soft drinks in the fridge and all the usual tea and coffee making stuff and of course free wifi! The staff were friendly but we didn't really see to much of them because we didn't have any reason to speak to them after we checked in. There are a lot of winding hallways and steep staircases so you'd need to keep that in mind when booking.There area is very multicultral which might put some off but we didn't have any problems with anyone, they were just locals going about their business. The bustop out front has busses that can take you anywhere in London. Again, I'm so glad I didn't panic and book somewhere more expensive.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MelbourneYannii
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012 via mobile

Firstly, let me start with the good. When I complained about the terrible stay the next morning and refused to pay for the room, the lady at reception was very helpful and did not try to defend against it. It would not have been an easy job if she had tried! The other positive was that the bathroom in the room was fine.

The problem started when we went to check in. We had booked a delux double room my wife, 4 month old and I. We were told there was mistake by booking.com and we had been given a room with 3 single beds. We rang booking.com and they confirmed that the hotel had messed up. The hotel was all booked so could not change us and booking.com tried to find another hotel but couldn't! Bad start but I negotiated free breakfast in lieu of the mix up (worth £10 each).

The hotel location is in a very run down and is on a very busy street surrounded by loads of kebab houses, a barbers and nail bars. There a dodgy Irish pub across the road. I'm far from a snob but paying £120 per night I expect more.

The hotel is not particularly clean and carpets in the hallway and on the stairs was manky dirty. The room was beside the roof terrace and the one of the windows that could be accessed from the terrace was broken and 'secured' with masking tape!! It could have easily been prized open without any effort! The seal was gone and so it let in all the noise from the busy road. That was just the start of the noise!

At 12.30 am we got woken abruptly but loud drum n bass music coming through the walls. We suffered for a half an hour before I went down to reception to complain. The night porter had very little Englishj and didn't know what to do. He investigated and it was a neighbour to the hotel. He shouted up to tell him to stop but the music kept coming. He said the neighbour does this most nights!!I asked him to call the police and he didn't know what to do either. He asked me to do it and them I had to ring the council's noise pollution agents! I had to online to find the local council. This was 3.30 am now. The music finally stopped at about 4.30 presumably when dnb man went to sleep!

It was by a long way the worst night stay I've ever had and a I felt so guilty about bringing baby and wife there! Please don't make the same mistakes! I have read the other comments and those that scored poor described problems 3 years ago that are still there today. Nothing has changed despite the comments from the management.

2 words...DON'T BOTHER!