“Great Hotel”

Ranked #235 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We stayed for four nights in March 2012. This was my fourth visit to London but my first stay at the Blades Hotel. Bedroom and bathroom were both very clean, location was quiet and the breakfast was very good (toast, cereal, cold meats and cheeses, juice). Room was cleaned and bed made up every day.

We found it to be a great location, only a couple minutes' walk from the Pimlico station. Pub, pharmacy, grocery and Indian restaurant all close by. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Probably one of the cleanest hotel rooms I have stayed in in a long time. Yes, my room was not huge but i had a double bed, space to hang some clothes and a kettle and hair dryer, what more do you need :) I was on the top floor but did not mind the stairs. For the price paid this is a great little hotel and I will definitely use it again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
bladeshotel, Manager at Blades Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a positive review on Tripadvisor following your stay at Blades Hotel. We are pleasd you enjoyed it.

If you or your company needs accommodation in Central London we do have the best available rate for the whole year. Also you have seen that we maintain a high standard of cleanliness and our location is great - three minutes walk to the Tube Station and one minutes walk to the Bus Stop. The 24 Bus takes you past Downing Street, the Cenotaph and on to Travalgar Square, finishing in Camden.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Blades Hotel again soon.

Best wishes,

Claudia.
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I am sorry to have to write a bad review for this hotel. We booked a room last July, 2011 for a stay in Sep. Our plans changed and I cancelled the reservation more than 4 weeks before the trip. They charged us the USD176 deposit anyway. I emailed them multiple times and even called several times and was promised that it would be corrected, but nothing was done. Finally, I disputed the charge through MasterCard. Several months later it was corrected (I thought). Then they charged me again! Only after another dispute was it corrected. They would not quit however and charged me a third time!! I am going through the dispute process for what I hope will be the final time. I am fed up with what I hope is their sheer incompetence rather than dishonesty. Needless to say I will never stay there and recommend that anyone considering booking with them take my terrible experience into account.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jim P
bladeshotel, Owner at Blades Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I have read with dismay the comments of this guest. As the owner of Blades Hotel I have asked for a ful report on the allegations made, of any delay and additional charging. When we contacted the credit card company about the situation, we had just refunded the client, and that was when they told us that the client had been refunded already by the Charge Back' office of the credit card company. I would like very much to give a personal apology to the guests for any inconvenience and stress caused. In conclusion I also would be delighted to donate GBP 100.00 to the guests favourite charity as a token of my personal regret. Noreen. Owner of Blades Hotel
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here in the family room (No.1) with our three children for a night and were delighted. The room contained a double and 3 proper single beds. It was attractively furnished and clean with plenty of room for us all and comfortable beds. The shower room was located down the corridor but there was a basin in the room and this didn't inconvenience us at all (good shower!). Good choice of cereals, bread, crumpets, etc etc for breakfast. All the staff were very professional and friendly. Great, peaceful location and lots of good restaurants on the doorstep (we like both Mekong & Grumbles in Churton Street). Would definitely go again - ideal base for enjoying London with good transport links.

Room Tip: Family room No. 1 on the ground floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2011

This hotel is well placed, being within walking distance of both the Underground at Pimlico and Victoria station. The rooms are basic with some en-suite but all are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is continental, with cereals, toasts, fruit juices, cold meats and cheeses among the choices. While the on-line booking system is fine I preferred to book by telephone. This hotel was recommended to me and lived up to my expectations. When staying in London I try to make a booking here first.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo