“Horrible, horrible, horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander Hotel London

We can't find prices for this hotel
Alexander Hotel London
Ranked #1,046 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Palmerston North
“Horrible, horrible, horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

I would rather spend a night on a park bench than spend money being ripped off in this WORST HOTEL EVER I have spent a night in. Our first greeting was peeling ceilings and an impossibly small 'double room'. We immediately asked for a better room. The only thing better was not having to climb several flights of stairs. The room smelled damp. The mattress was lumpy and blood stained. Bed bugs had dinner on our bodies, and the fried eggs and bacon on the breakfast menu were unavailable. To top it all off the reception staff were unable to speak reasonable English. The manager was nowhere to be seen. We saw a certificate of membership of the Federation of Small Businesses in the name of Mr R Montagnani. May I respectfully request he spend a night in his own hotel and then ask himself whether he should still be advertising accommodation.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kate M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hungarian first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

I want to share with you some pics of my neck and bedbugs that I found in this terrible and disgusting place, next time really I will sleep in the street.
This dump needs to be closed !!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Moonlight T

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed for just one night and believe me I was relieved I had not planned to stay longer. Only stayed here last minute as every other hotel we looked at was fully booked. Cost was £70 for a double room which is pretty reasonable for Victoria. After staying there cant imagine they would be able to charge anymore. It really is disgusting, cant really understand why it has not been closed down, i am sure it must have hygene and health and safety issues!!! I believe breakfast was included in the price but after seeing the room there is no way I would eat there, can not imagine what the state of the kitchen it like. Room was foul, dirty, dusty, probably bed bugs, the thing that made my stomach turn was the foul rusty toilet brush holder next to toilet, not that they probably used it much!!! If you plan to stay here good luck, but personally would probably rather sleep on the pavement outside!!

Room Tip: Best tip is go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Isobel77
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 days and I really stayed in hell! The front of the hotel looks convincing as soon as you get to the tiny reception your heart start pumping fast! The place smells damp everywhere, the ceilings are falling apart, broken door locks, broken toilet door locks, very old carpet that looks 40 years old. Abandoned furnitures, dust, bedbugs, 1970 tv with no remote, no kettle or phone in the room. My friend was told he should have brought in an iron as they do not provide one. No lift, you will have to climb the Himalayas in this hotel, once you get to the top, there in oxygen, a good place for horror movies! How on earth can the British government allow this place to trade? The owner is negligent! Please avoid this hotel from hell!

• Stayed January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Speaker2011
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

The pictures on the website look lovely. Must have been taken from another hotel. From the minute we walked in there was a big crack in the front door. The receptionist was nice but could just about understand us. We had to ask for toilet paper although we got there at 6pm, obvious not very well set up. Our room, number 2, next to reception. As soon as we opened the door the carpets were thread bare. The "en suite" was the smallest room, if you tried to turnaround you'd get stuck. There was a massive crack in the sink, which was in the room!!! not the bathroom. The carpets were filthy, curtains hanging off, lamp shade from teh 80's dirt still attached. There was a massive spiderweb with dust attached, easily 5 years ols. There were marks on the wall which I can only descibe as "poo". I'm pretty sure something bit me in bed as I have a lovely bug red mark. And the view, well a prison would have looked nicer, with broken glass and barbed wire to look at. Nice. The food was OK but the dining room small and damp running all down the walls. The toilet decided not to flush, although we could hear water running outside, leaking down the wall instead. We went to take a shower to find the lack of cold water meant only one thing, boiling hot water. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a flea or shabby dog. It needs knocking down or condemning. Disguisting

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends