6,423 results
All reviewswestminster abbeycaxton grillnew scotland yardjames parkbeautiful hotelbig benjames tube stationst jameslondon eyeafternoon teafamily roomperfect locationconcierge staffjunior suitelondon hotelquiet streetrooms are small
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Here's the deal, in large cities like London, location is probably more important than a lot of other things, and St Ermin's has a prime location. Tube station around the corner, lots of restaurants (pub style) close, easy walk to most attractions, not on a main street so car noise was not prevalent, no car needed, etc. etc. Would highly recommend staying here.

Was it perfect? not exactly, but most of what should be addressed would be easy to do. The one thing that can't be addressed of course is the size of the rooms. They vary widely and like many (most) European style hotels they trend on the small size. They are spotless and well maintained, but if you are traveling for an extended period with lots of luggage, be prepared to live out of the luggage mostly as storage is not great and the bathrooms are small. I would expect the larger suites to have better storage if you could afford them. The Breakfast could be improved by expanding some of the hot choices (the continental side was just fine). Service in the Breakfast area seemed overwhelmed at times and probably needed some additional help. Also their concierge seemed rather lost (I got the impression he was new). I've been to London before and felt I knew more than he did. That said, everyone was very friendly and willing to help in anyway they could. I would stay here again next trip.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Hi There,

I am delighted to read that you found our location ideal for everything you needed to do whilst in London and that the hotel feels like a quiet oasis away from the busy streets of the city. Thank you for recommending us.

I note that you felt your room and bathroom were small. You are right in stating that our larger suites may be bigger, however we do have many categories of room here and all vary in shape, size and view as well as some of the rooms having larger bathrooms also. This is mainly due to the unique way in which our beautiful grade II listed property was built. Please do speak to our reservations team when you next make your booking as they will be able to assist you with room sizes etc.

Our buffet breakfast at St. Ermin's does have a wide selection as you say, we have two hot items that extra to the continental breakfast and these change daily. i am sorry if you felt that the hot options were not a good selection, however, we do have the option of upgrading to our a la carte breakfast menu at a supplement and then you will be able to have a full english breakfast or other types of eggs such as omelette, eggs benedict, eggs florentine, poached eggs, bacon, sausage etc.

Thank you of your comments regarding my concierge team. I will certainly address this with my Head of Concierge to ensure that any additional training is provided.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

We stayed for 1 night with breakfast
Grand looking hotel both outside and inside
Spotless clean in and out, there was always when I noticed someone brush the leaves up outside
We upgraded to a Executive room
I must admit we have stayed in other London hotels and had much bigger rooms
The bathroom is the smallest I have ever seen, much to small
If I was staying longer than 1 night I would of complained about it
Both the room service and hotel staff in general were very curtious and helpful
Shame about the breakfast, the hot breakfast consisted of 3 items, sausage, bacon and a very bland scrambled egg, that was it!!!!!!!
The continetal option was abit better
Out of all the B&B's and Hotels we have stayed in Uk and abroad we would say this was the poorist and the most expensive
Overall the experience was good, for how much it was to stay 1 nights bed and breakfast it was far too overpriced

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juejue2013
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Hi There,

I am pleased that you really liked the interior and exterior of the hotel and that you found everything very clean and well maintained.

I note that you mention the hot breakfast only consisted of three items. Our St. Ermin's buffet breakfast is Continental style with many items to choose from and additional hot items that change day to day. We do have a full English breakfast on our a la carte menu along with other items such as eggs benedict, smoked salmon & scrambled eggs, omelettes, porridge and much more. If you wish to upgrade to this from Continental you are able to and it will then provide you with a full breakfast. Having said this guests frequently comment on how filling the continental breakfast is and that it sets them up for a full day out.

It's great to read that overall your stay was a good one and I do hope you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

The hotel is located very conveniently close to Buckingham Palace and Victoria station. The rooms are modern but extremely small. Breakfast although or perhaps because of its being inclusive is absolutely awful. Despite the cultural diversity in London everything available was pork based. There were no other options, no beef, no turkey and certainly no chicken sausage. Although the head restaurant staff had said she spoke with the chef over a 3 night stay there were no options, the ball was completely dropped. The eggs were sloppy and unless you wanted to pay an additional 9 GBP for a menu item you might as well go hungry. Being a Gold Member of the Marriott Brand definitely does not open any doors at this hotel. Not sure I will return to this particular property.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank AK L

Hi There,

I was both surprised and disappointed to read your review this morning following your recent stay with us.

We do have many different categories of room at St. Ermin’s and all vary in shape, size & view mainly due to the unique way in which our beautiful grade II listed property was built. For example, we have Executive King rooms, Family rooms that have two queen beds & two bathrooms, Junior Suites with a separate seating area and our Deluxe Suites that have a separate living area with table, chairs & sofa which makes them really roomy.

The buffet breakfast that you describe being available during your stay does not sound like ours at all. We have a choice of the following items and I can only say that we usually receive great feedback about these choices:

Cheese Selection
Granola
Muesli
Selection of cereals
Selection of juices
In addition to this we also have two hot items that change each day.

Then our A La Carte menu is available if you wish to upgrade to something different.

I am sorry that these items were not to your liking.

As a gold member you are entitled to the following at St. Ermin’s Hotel on arrival:

- A complimentary one category upgrade subject to availability
- Premium high speed internet access
- Complimentary buffet breakfast
- Additional Marriott Reward points

I am sorry that you felt that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful hotel and the location is perfect for wondering around central London. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Rooms are well appointed and tastefully decorated. We enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheEndlessTravelers

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

It's great to read that you had a wonderful stay with us and that everything met with your expectations throughout your time here.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back one day.

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We booked this hotel because of the photos and great reviews. However, I was very disappointed. The rooms were unbelievably tiny and there was a constant hum sound from a neighboring building(s). And zero view. It was in a dingy part of town and, after arriving about 10 pm at night, there was nowhere to get a bite to eat. Must have stopped at 5 or 6 places and no one was serving food nor could they offer any suggestions. Walking around I could have been in any generic city in the U. S. Granted it was dark Finally got room service at the hotel and the sandwiches were terrible and overpriced and took forever. I hated this hotel and could not wait to leave. On the plus side, the staff was very professional and helpful. After hating our first room they kindly gave us another. That was smaller than the first and there was nowhere to eat our bad sandwiches except on the bed. Despite hating the neighborhood I will say that it looked very central and probably convenient to the sights. I don't know because we stayed just that one night and left the next morning. I found a much better hotel. It was more expensive but sooooo worth it. We were happy there. Huge difference.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DidoTwite1966
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2015

Hi There,

I was a little confused when reading your very mixed review this morning following your stay back in April this year as you seem to have felt that my team were good, however the area was not a good one.

We are a very peaceful hotel away from the main busy streets of London, however within walking distance of many of the main attractions and with the underground right around the corner we are in easy reach of everywhere else you may wish to get to, such as Covent Garden, Green Park/Piccadilly (both walking distance), Oxford Street, Regent Street, theatres and restaurants, which our guests generally find just great. I am sorry that you felt the area was not in a good part of town as Westminster is known as one of the most prestigious parts of London, although it is quieter than others.

St. Ermin’s has many different categories of room and all vary in shape, size and view mainly due to the unique way in which our beautiful grade II listed property was built, so some are larger than others and like many other centrally located London hotels, we have other buildings around us so not all rooms have a view. However, some of our categories have a view of our lovely courtyard or New Scotland Yard. I am sorry that your room was not to your liking.

It would seem that on this occasion we were not the hotel for you.

Kind regards