“First class stay in London...”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #75 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“First class stay in London...”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

An amazingly top class hotel, with lovely decor and a lively bar. Well trained staff add a touch of class to the hotel. We had a lovely overnight stay and would recommend it if you are in town. A great alternative to the big four.

1 Thank paulcl99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, UK
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Having just returned from St Ermins Hotel (staying Sat. 31st March 2012)
When I booked this hotel, I was expecting something very nice after reading views on here; unfortunately I found it to be very much less than perfect!

When I booked the room, I rung up afterwards and requested a 6th floor, nice and high and out the way of the street noise etc... I also requested a room with a view (either of the courtyard, or street).

On arriving at the hotel, we had been given a 5th floor room, not a problem, as I assumed it had a view... on entering the room, I noticed the windows were blacked out and opened about 2inchs, to the view of a dirty triangular service area, NOT what I expected when going to the trouble of requesting a room. (And being told it was not a problem)

We then asked to be moved to a more suitable room with some sort of view, as we like to get fresh air and daylight in. We then got moved to a 3rd floor room with a view of New Scotland Yard (rather nice we thought) UNTIL putting on the T.V to find out every two minutes it kept saying there was an error and the T.V needed restarting.. we called up reception to be told that there was a fault with the T.V and that they could move us rooms again if we wanted (this all just before going out for the evening) upon our return to the Hotel later that evening 12:00 midnight, they informed us that they had another room, and could move us now.
At midnight my girlfriend was past wanting to move, so we grinned and bared it out.
The least the hotel could have done is to offer us a drink in the bar, or breakfast etc... For all the inconvienace they had caused us. We didn’t get anything at all, not even a meaningful apology.

The Hotel gives a very good show on the outside, and yes the rooms are newly refurbished and very clean, BUT it’s let down very badly by the lack of customer service!

Unfortunately we shall not be returning to St Ermins anytime soon.

3 Thank Liam_Lou_Pock
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the rooms allocated to you and please accept my apologies. Regarding the TV, we did have a glitch in the system that evening and I am very sorry that you were not able to watch your programmes. We strive to make our guests feel as comfortable and at home as possible and I am sorry that you and your girlfriend were inconvenienced. Please be assured that the customer service you have described is not indicative of our culture and I hope that you will both return one day to allow us to better serve you.

Yours sincerely

Tampa
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I recently stayed in the St Ermin's and couldn't have been happier with the experience. It met my needs perfectly. It was very nicely decorated and was clean and well decorated. It was in a quiet neighborhood but was close to the St James Park tube stop so it was easy to get around. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They were approachable and not stuffy like you can find in some other hotels.

We had a "double/double" room. This was a room with two queen size beds and two bathrooms which was perfect for my needs. It looks like what they did was take the wall down between two small single rooms and created one larger room. It is ideal for a small family or two people who want a little more bathroom capacity.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wrmjh
Dear Sir/Madam,

“A First Class experience”. Wow, what a compliment, thank you! I am overjoyed to read that you had such a fantastic stay with us and that you found my team to be both friendly and approachable. Our double-double rooms are extremely popular and it’s great to know that all of your needs were met.
We hope that you will return to us very soon!

Warm regards,

St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

my husband and I started our 50th wedding anniversary present to ourselves by staying at the St. Ermin's Hotel. What a lovely hotel, we where upgraded, and with a knock on our door later that evening a bottle of champagne and chocolate arrived, now how good is that. The hotel was definitely well worth the cost with a fablous staff! We would definitely stay again if our travel's take us back to London.

Barbara and Ron

Dear Barbara and Ron,

Firstly may I say a huge “Congratulations!” to you both on your 50th Wedding Anniversary, what a wonderful occasion to celebrate. I am really pleased that we were able to make your stay a good one and that you found that the special treats were over and above your expectations.
We truly hope that you will return to us one day and I hope you had a pleasant journey home.
Warm regards