“Value for money!!!!!!! Delicious ❤️”
Review of The Tale of India

The Tale of India
Ranked #3,670 of 25,075 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had an awesome experience in the Tale of India! The tandoori was superb and the korma chicken plate was absolutely amazing. Good work, great service and a cozy atmosphere let us more than satisfied.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

So me and my husband visited this restaurant as we were staying at a hotel nearby. And when looking for an Indian restaurant this one caught our attention as it had plenty of vegetarian options for us. We ordered a saag dish with some kind of Bangladeshi beans. It's was delicious. Never had the combination before but would surely ordered again without hesitation. And we ordered another vegetarian paneer dish. Both portions were a very good size. I would surely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the area. Although might not look it from the outside but defiantly worth it for the great food.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I came there twice with my friends and my boyfriend and I am gonna come back. Staff very nice and food very tasty.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Firstly, I must say that this curry house serves excellent Indian(Bangladeshi) food. I went with my wife and brother in law for dinner. There were a few guests already which was a positive as the other curry house round the corner was totally empty.
The ambience is comfortable and the music wasn't too loud either- except that the choice of cheesy Bollywood songs made us chuckle.
For starters, we ordered 3 poppadums as they were just 60p each. Those were promtly served with 3-4 options of chutneys. Seemed more like off the shelf but they were good nevertheless. Although they could have fried the poppadums in better quality oil.
For the main meal, we ordered chicken achari, mutton noorjahani, chana masala and Paneer Jalpona. For bread, ordered peshawri naan- a delicious naan bread stuffed with coconut and almonds- although I loved it, my brother in law found it a tad sweet so we ordered a plain naan later for him.
As I said before, the food was definitely very good and the menu offered a wide variety of dishes not even easily available in India- like some dishes from north-east and south.Some bangladeshi dishes and pakistani sounding dishes on the menu is also commendable. I also observed that they only serve seafood, chicken and mutton for non-vegetarians. No beef or pork whatsover which is probably due to the owners pursuasion or to welcome both Hindu and Muslim patrons or maybe both. In any case, it's a good idea
Now over to the downer- once were done with the hearty dinner, we asked for the bill, I notied that the menu had poppadums at approx 70p per peice but they had charged about £3-4 instead. I called a guy who seemed like a restaurant manager. He said the amount was for the cutneys. And when I said that the menu didn't say anything about the cutneys, you rudely shot back asking "now you dont want to pay for the cutney?".
I thought that was rather cheeky of them to not mention anything about the poppadums being served with cutneys and then slap the customers with additions £2-3. I wish they just mention on the menu that the cutneys can be served for additional few pounds.
We anyway paid the full price as I would have left tips worth 10-15% anyway but I couldn't help but leave with a bitter taste in the mouth after what was a thorough enjoyable meal.
I hope they try to build a reputation based on politeness and transparency. Next time, I might try out the other curry house nearby- Raava and Spice Merchant just a hop away.

1  Thank Anurag N
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The place is a 10 minute walk from the Marriott. The staff was friendly and the food was reasonably priced and tasty. I did take away.