“Good price for a London hotel”

and 1 more site!
West Ham United Hotel
Ranked #660 of 1,068 Hotels in London
London
“Good price for a London hotel”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We stayed here because we had been invited to party. The room was nice and clean but quite dark. Tea and coffee in the room. Bathroom clean. Staff lovely and friendly. Fantastic view of the pitch if you are a football fan. Im not but still enjoyed seeing the pitch. The breakfast was ok. Different cereals and some fruit. The cooked breakfast was a buffet and was running out quickly and would take a while to put out more food. The breakfast was ok, nothing special, I was going to run up for seconds! Staff was coming round with tea but by the time we got ours it was well stewed. Not the best or breakfast but the hotel on the whole was good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Wiltshire, UK
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I've been looking for an opportunity to stay here for years (long time West Ham fan, but don't get to games very often as I live 200miles away from the ground). Anyway, the chance finally cam up on a working trip to London. I was not disspointed. A massive family room, very clean and with a super panoramic view of the pitch. The rooms are fairly basic in terms of equiment (no tea/coffee, basic bathroom, etc.) but it represents super value for money. Breakfast was pretty good (for the money). The only thing I found a little lacking in atmosphere was the hotel bar (surprisingly little in the way of West Ham memorabilia). However, this is a fine hotel and represents great value for money.

Room Tip: The family room was huge.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I found this hotel (on the internet) quite by accident and was surprised both by the very reasonable price and also the fact that I had never heard of it!
Being an avid football fan anyway, it did catch my interest and it was of no consequence that I am not a fan of West Ham United. I think you just need to be a fan of football, to catch the spirit of the place, with names of former greats, like Bobby Moore, Trevor Brooking, Billy Bonds etc - adorning the names of various function rooms.
As for the value for money - well the room was very spacious and as a bonus - opened up to a panoramic view of the pitch!
Unfortunately I had to leave ealry the next morning as I was catching a flight from London city airport (for which this hotel is excellently situated) - however I was able to enjoy a drink in the comfortable lounge bar during the evening.
The reception staff were very friendly and were happy to chat about the football connections.
In fact I would have no hestitation in recommending it to others and will definitely return there myself, hopefully for a couple of nights - just a shame that the rooms are not available on match days/nights, as they are actually executive boxes/rooms with seated balconies. I think it is an excellent idea to utilise the facilities outside of match days!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

As a life long West Ham fan who moved away from the East End a number of years ago this was the perfect base for a trip down memory lane. Myself and my partner stayed here for one night after she arranged it for my birthday.
There is plenty of parking out the front of the hotel/stadium, with the reception in the main entrance between the twin castles. The staff were helpful from the off, allowing us to check in early.
As the rooms are used as corporate boxes during matches they are roomy with everything you'd expect from a 3 star hotel. The view is incredible, overlooking the whole of the pitch and stadium. Our patio doors were left unlocked so we had access outside to the corporate viewing area.
The reception and bar staff were very curteouse and helpful, and happy to go that extra bit further to make our stay a good one.
The following morning when trying to find where breakfast was being served we asked reception. A guy called Michael took us there and enroute offered to show us around before we checked out.
Breakfast was a buffet, nice and fresh with a good selection available.
The tour was what it made it special. Michael is a star, he's been with the club for years and is passionate about the hammers. He took the two of us around the stadium and out onto the pitch area, captivating us with of stories of players and managers. It's things like this that makes someon's stay so special, especially as it wasn't pre-arranged and didn't have to be offered. Michael is a true gent and a true hammer.
My advice to any West Ham fan is to visit the hotel while you still can.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Slighty3
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I can see the appeal of staying here if you're a West Ham fan but as I'm not I was attracted by the price and location. The room was a good size and clean. The bathroom was ok but I would take your own soap etc. The breakfast was good with a selection of cereals and hot food and, what is unusual for hotels we have stayed in recently, they actually served us some decent toast..The only negative point is we thought £4+ for a bottle of water from the bar is a bit expensive as there is no bottled water in the room. We would be happy to stay here again if we were looking for somewhere to stay in London.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Ibis London Barking
Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Prince Regent Hotel Excel London
Epsilon Hotel
#584 of 1,068 in London

Been to West Ham United Hotel? Share your experiences!