4,485 results
All reviewspiccadilly circuspall mallrose loungehermes toiletriesluxury roombuckingham palacenational galleryjames parkregent streetroom servicebeautiful hotelperfect locationturn down serviceafternoon teawest endfive star hoteljunior suite
Reviewed 31 August 2016

This was our first stay at this particular Sofitel and we intend to go back. The hotel is excellent in every way. Location is unbeatable, the room and sleep quality were excellent, breakfast was very good too, and above all, the service was top notch from beginning to end - from Marine and Rita when we arrived, to all the staff in the bar and at breakfast, the concierge and doormen, we were made to feel incredibly welcome. While it's a luxury hotel, we didn't feel it was overly expensive given the quality of everything you get. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear sir,

I thank you for your words of praise. I am truly pleased to hear that we have charmed you with our genuine, high standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I spent four nights at this hotel at the end of August. Over the years we have stayed in many premium hotels in
London but none are better than the Sofitel.
This hotel is very conveniently located in central London and is beautifully appointed. But the factor which distinguishes it from the other establishments is its staff. From the doorman to the reception desk, the Concierge, the chamber maids and especially the restaurant staff were professional, efficient and extremely friendly at all times. They went out of
their way to make our stay extremely enjoyable.
We also were very thankful of the fact that their air conditioning was a marvellous relief from the extreme heat during our stay in London.
Their restaurant The Balcon serves an excellent breakfast and has an interesting menu for all day dining.
We highly recommend this hotel and certainly will make it our pied a terre when next visiting this beautiful city.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

I thank you for this fantastic feedback.

I thank you for pointing out that we have exceeded your expectations in terms of service. This is our utmost reward as we genuinely love to look after all our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

We had a wonderful experience at the hotel. The rose lounge was stunning and the bar beautiful as well. We had the most wonderful service from Costa in the bar, giving us any attention we might need and (as it was closed) he even gave us a little tour of the restaurant and rose lounge as we had missed the opportunity to see them. Food was delicious (we ordered from both the bar menu and the restaurant one) would recommend the caesar salad!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devon O
N_Pesty, General Manager at Sofitel London St James, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear guests,

I thank you for pointing out your positive experience and for praising Costa for his high standards of service which have exceeded your expectations. I have passed on your compliments to him and he was overwhelmed with joy. Thank you for that.

Thank you also for praising our delicious cuisine.

We look forward to your next visits.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

The staff are great, very polite and attentive. Francesco, our events coordinator was lovely. He had great attention to detail and helped with a lot of things. We have also visited the Balcon restaurant on other occasions which serves good food. Overall, we were very pleased with our wedding and would recommend this venue. We stayed at the Peggy Ashcroft suite, which is a Prestige level suite. The suite is large and we loved our stay. The prices we felt were fair for the area and the service.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Londongirljo

Dear guests,

First and foremost: CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding! I wish you both a life of love and success.

Thank you for praising our high standards of service as we genuinely love to pamper all our guests.

Thank you also for recommending Sofitel London St James to your entourage and I look forward to welcoming you both back on many other occasions.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

I decided to treat myself and stay at the Sofitel for my first night in London. I knew I'd appreciate a bit of luxury and a comfortable bed after flying from Australia! From start to finish, my experience at this hotel was wonderful. All of the team I encountered were friendly and professional. The ambience was great and my room/bathroom, while small, felt luxurious. The bed was divine and I'm sure it contributed towards my lack of jet lag!

Perfect location. Up the street from Piccadilly Circus, and within walking distance to Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square. It's central to a bunch of theatres. I saw both Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera while using this hotel as a base, but there's also many more close by.

I had a drink in the bar and the service/ambience was fantastic. Didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant or spa, but I so wish I had!

I'll definitely be back. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Dear guest,

I am really glad to read that you have very much enjoyed your experience at Sofitel London St James.

Thank you for praising our high standards of service as we genuinely love to look after all our guests.

Please do not hesitate to pop in into our restaurant The Balcon on your next visits. I am sure you will love our cuisine.

Also immerse yourself in our haven of peace in our So-SPA. The experience will be amazing.

We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.