1,697 results
All reviewsprivilege roomcromwell roadearls courta small double roomcomplimentary soft drinksthe natural history museumalbert hallpiccadilly linereception staffbed was comfortablenespresso machinetube stationshort staybreakfast roomhyde parkstayed for one nightfew minutes walk
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Although I was expecting a small double room, it really was compact. Hardly any distance between the end of the bed and the wall - which is why I suspect the television was at the side of the bed. So if you sat in the one chair at the desk to watch - you would get a crick in your neck. If you watched from the bed you had to lie on your side, or keep your head turned. It would be awkward if you were sharing.

The room and bathroom however were spotless, breakfast was good and the staff helpful and friendly. And the aircon worked - needed in the heatwave.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hi SarahR99999

I am happy to hear that you survived the heatwave!. I was seriously thinking of setting up a paddling pool in our meeting room so that we could all cool down!

Yes, our compact rooms are just that compact. However we are looking at renovating those rooms in the coming months and I am currently looking at different plans for these rooms.

I appreciate the feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards,
Lisa

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

One night stay here and the room was fine, spacious... enormous comfy bed all mod cons,very effective air con (unusually, much needed)
Downside was bar ran out of draught beer and closes early.
Good location with 5 minutes walk to tube, easy walk to museums and parks. Lovely London town houses and squares close by.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear Jill S

What a lovely review to read first thing on a Monday morning.

I think it is fair to say that you enjoyed your time with us and I do hope that when you are next in the area we will have the chance to welcome you back to us.

Thank you again for the review.

Take care

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights, staff were very friendly, room was as it is described, and has good complimentary items, the bar is also a nice area to just sit down & relax, breakfast also had a great variety of foods to choose from, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Jessica

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us.

The team are the greatest asset that I have at the hotel and they make me very proud. It is always nice to see their hard work recognised.

Breakfast is delicious, in my opinion, and very hard to stay away from. My favourite item is the mini chocolate doughnuts, you could easily forget how many you have eaten.

Hopefully, when you are next in the area we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us.

Kind Regards

Lisa

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I have read other reviews and the hotel Manager's responses, unfortunately after the stay we had. The Manager's responses are predictable and probably true but I feel sorry that she has to try to defend something which cannot be defended. The main issue is how this hotel ever got a 4 star rating! 4 star to most means one level below the best and this definitely is not that; its a high 2 to low 3 star. The Manager advises that everything is detailed on the website, however, when you see a 4 star rating you do not necessarily read the small print.
The rooms are so small they are rediculous! You cannot walk around the bed unless you go sideways. Once in the bathroom you cannot turn around as it is so tight and your arms hit the door when you try to dry your hair. This is a very dated and old hotel/building which has had a cheap decorating job to try to bring it to standard. The shiny entrance and Reception is deceptive. Good points - it is clean, complementary tea, coffee and water, iron & ironing board - not that there is room to use the board! Sorry; I try to be very fair with my ratings and believe me this is. I will never stay there again and couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GuestRelations L, Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are always grateful of guest reviews in order to ensure we are constantly improving our hotel experience.

I am sorry to hear you found the hotel did not in your opinion warrant a 4 star hotel. Please do note we offer a wide range of bedroom categories (which do vary in size), in order to meet the needs of all our guests.

We do take all feedback on board and do strive to improve. I am extremely grateful for your honest comments.

Best wishes,
Victoria Crampton
Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Reasonable room but not anything special. On Cromwell road which is quite busy so it makes it a little noisy. Close to Earls court tube station, which is a bonus and from there it’s easy to get to Heathrow airport on the tube.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
P6520PLK, General Manager at Mercure London Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear Andrew B

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the hotel.

This feedback is invaluable to us in order to help us grow in strength and in the services that we provide.

I do hope that when you are next in the area we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back, perhaps in a room that it higher up the building and further away from the road.

Take care