“An amazing trip through time of Jewish History in London”

Jewish London Walking Tours
Ranked #55 of 777 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Join me, Stephen Burstin, for a fascinating experience that delights both Jewish and non-Jewish visitors to London as well as locals. Click on Website (in blue above here) and see the highlights of my various tours, each one informative and entertaining for all ages from my tours in the Old Jewish Quarter of London's East End which reveal the incredible story of the Jewish community to my exciting tours featuring London's famous landmarks (with Jewish connections too) such as Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, Houses of Parliament etc. There's also fabulous Hampton Court Palace and Windsor Castle. As a tour guide for 25 years, I delight in sharing my knowledge and enthusiasm for London, especially its Jewish heritage.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I had a personal walking tour with Stephen that was not only educational but very entertaining. We were amazed by all of the Jewish history that has surrounded the London community over the centuries. Stephen not only had great knowledge of Jewish history but also included his own personal Jewish background that gave the tour a very intimate feeling. It was truly a great way to go back in history and spend a wonderful afternoon.

Stephen B, Owner at Jewish London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello. I am so pleased you enjoyed my Old Jewish Quarter tour and thank you for your complimentary words. I continue to find the story of the Jewish community in East London a fascinating subject and am for ever discovering new and enthralling tidbits to add to my tour. Best regards, Stephen Burstin.

All reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 10 reviews
"interesting stories"
in 11 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"jews"
in 53 reviews
"aldgate"
in 31 reviews
"spitalfields"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Our guide, Stephen is highly knowledgeable and also very passionate about his subject.
Its a testament to the tour's already high reputation that our party consisted of both Jewish and Non-Jewish people alike. In fact we had an "international contingent" of people eager to broaden their knowledge.
I would highly recommend this tour.
S&L

Hello again and thank you so much for such a lovely review. I am delighted you enjoyed the tour. And yes, it's a great pleasure to see so many non-Jewish clients interested in learning about Jewish history. Best regards. Stephen Burstin

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The tour exceeded my expectations. Suitable for everyone from non-Jews to strictly Orthodox Jews. Stephen manages with ease to make the walk highly entertaining as well as educational for everyone. Stephen served up a perfectly balanced menu of old Jewish humour, Jewish social history both the bitter and the sweet, Jewish tradition, personalities and important Jewish sites, without the shmoltz.

I was impressed by many things but particularly with how he took the time during the tour to have a personal chat with everyone. If I had a criticism it would be that the walk seemed rushed as the three hours just flew by with many sites along the tour deserving a closer and more in-depth look.

A word of advice for Orthodox Jews wanting to join the tour. Come for the Shacharit minyan at Bevis Marks at 8:30am, stay for the breakfast and then join the tour at Algate station just around the corner.

Yasher Koach!

Stephen B, Owner at Jewish London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Many thanks for such a positive and eloquent review. I am so pleased you enjoyed both the entertaining and educational aspects of the tour which I endeavour to make enjoyable for all ages. Kind regards. Stephen Burstin

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The walk is fascinating and the guide brings in lots of colour of social history, famous people and business as well as the history . He is very knowledgeable and does a lot of background research.

Stephen B, Owner at Jewish London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Hello and I am very pleased you enjoyed the tour. You are correct in that I do a lot of research ...in fact, I am always researching about Jewish London and continue to find new interesting material to add to my different tours. Kind regards. Stephen Burstin

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 March 2018

Stephen was extremely knowledgable and entertaining with anecdotes along the way. He showed us spots and told us things that we had never heard of even though most of the group were familiar with the area.
I would definitely recommend it to friends and I would do it again.

Stephen B, Owner at Jewish London Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hello again and thanks for a great review and I am so pleased you liked my Old Jewish Quarter tour. I enjoy immensely those moments when clients, familiar with the areas we are touring, gasp with surprise and delight when I reveal hidden sights and relate fascinating stories they had not known. The Old Jewish Quarter of London's East End is certainly a treasure trove of enthralling tales and anecdotes. Kind regards. Stephen Burstin