“Much worse than usual”

Ranked #6,707 of 25,029 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

As a book group we meet in the Brook Green Hotel restaurant every few months. This time (Tue after Easter), of the 6 of us who are only 1 was happy with their food. Normally our concensus is the food is good and better than the Queens Head which is our alternative venue. A portion of sweet potato chips was returned, sausages were re-heated and dry, 4 of us found our dishes were far to salty (2 to the extent that they didn’t finish it), one dish came without the promised spring greens. Ordering was also challenging as several dishes on the menu were unavailable.

Hopefully this was a holiday cover chef.

1  Thank Catharine S
Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi Catherine

Thank you for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback. It's really important that we hear about instances such as this to ensure that these things are addressed and not repeated - You are quite right unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances our usual team were not available. In an ideal world this should not have ultimately affected your experience, and I'm truly very sorry that it did.

Could I ask you to get in touch on brookgreen@youngs.co.uk? I'd like the opportunity to invite you folks back and of course offer a more formal apology

I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent range of Young’s beers and much more
Traditional Sunday lunch’s of roasts ,we had the beef and trimmings ,followed by homemade puddings

Very good service and well priced

Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi David

Thank you very much for coming to see us, and further thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Please come back and see us for a roast again soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

This was an impulse stop after finding myself in this area. A very spacious room which was obviously once an old-fashioned local which has been upgraded to trendy gastropub. A small menu focused on English classics including Sunday roasts. I took the liver and bacon which was crisp and tasty. Excellent wine list.

Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

HI John

I'm so very pleased that your impulse brought you to us, and even more so that you would take the time to leave such a nice review.

I hope you find yourself in the area again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I organised my wife surprise birthday last Saturday for 30 people. Brook Green team have been super efficient and reliable from A to Z. Food was great and service flawless. Thank you again to everyone who helped me organizing that event. All my friends and family had a great moment and you made my wife's day. She was over the moon. Ben

Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Ben

You and your family were an absolute pleasure to host! Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a special occasion with us and further thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review.

Please don't leave it until the next big celebration to come see us again.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We have visited the Brook Green for Christmas lunch for a few years now. This year was exceptional, the atmosphere and great service really made our day. All of our meals were excellent, we sat near the kitchen & watched the chefs prepping the food & you could see that they really cared & were proud of their work. Service as I said was attentive but not intrusive & everyone was happy. Our gluten free guest was catered for, even down to a special Christmas brownie so as not to feel left out for desert, not that we needed it! Reminded us that we really must pop in more often throughout the year to visit the cocktail bar & especially when the garden reopens for the summer.

Matt N, General Manager at Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hi Paul

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate such a special day with us. I can't describe how pleasing it is for the team to hear such kind words - as you can imagine it takes a lot of time to prepare, and a lot of care is taken to make sure that you have the best time possible. So pleased we got it right for you!

Please do come again soon. We'll be launching our new cocktail menu in Smith's bar in January a long with our "Winter well-being" food menu.

Thank again for taking the time to write such a nice review.

Have a fantastic new year.