4,687 results
All reviews hyde park theatre bar club room lillie langtry queensway tube station central line kensington gardens rooms are small notting hill beautiful hotel single room reception area public areas breakfast was excellent an upgrade breakfast room location is excellent
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Me and my partner stayed one night at this beautiful hotel in one of the Club Rooms. The staff are wonderful, cater to every need. Before the stay I was reading the reviews as I was worried that the rooms would be cramped as this is what some people were saying. They are lying the rooms are big and spacious perfect for a couple. The location is quite so you get a restful night sleep. Breakfast was lovely.. all you can eat. The only down side is the size of the shower cubical, and general size of the bathroom but other than that it is a wonderful hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Georgie A,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful detailed review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that despite reading the reviews about rooms, your expectations were exceeded in all grounds and service provided by team and contributed to an enjoyable stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time your travels take you to London, and it would be my pleasure to personally assist you in any way possible to ensure another great experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

A warm welcome on arrival, check-in with a smile, walk through the splendid original deco halls, zip up the lift to your clean room to find bottled water and some fresh fruits, not a bad start hey!

After a good nights sleep get ready for a huge open buffet full English breakfast with option continental. Bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, hash browns, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms and more, yes, you are definitely in England! Super friendly service and hot drinks offered when seated at your table, cappuccino for me please!

Heaps of recommendations in the hotel foyer on various attractions.

Stroll across the road and your in Hyde Park, the largest park in London with plenty to see right there. At the end of the park is the world famous Oxford Street.

Literally minutes walk from the hotel is Queensway Tube station, on the central line, rapidly connecting you with other tube lines and all of London city.

Ideal for short break and business, great value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank James H
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear James H,

Thank you very much for having shared this lovely review! I am thrilled to see that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts during your stay with us and I am delighted to see that the little extra touches provided in your room contributed to an enjoyable stay. Rest assured your kind words regarding our staff and service will be shared and celebrated with the entire team here at the Grand Royale.

I hope to have the pleasure of personally welcoming you back in the not too distant future, and remain entirely at your disposal should you ever require any assistance with the making of future bookings.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Opulence and history in abundance. The bar is the in house theatre the king added for his actress mistress. Lovely wooden panelling and great chandeliers, massive paintings etc. The room was a good size and had everything we required, and the staff were lovely and helpful.

Room tip: Tip - Ask about bathroom size ours did not have a bath, had the tiniest washbasin ever and was generally very small -
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jamesina123,

Thank you ever so much for having shared this wonderful review! I am absolutely thrilled to see that the quality of the service received as a result of number of factors within such as our customer oriented team, range of service provided during your stay, our exquisite Theatre Bar and above all, our prestigious Edwardian heritage, has exceeded your exceptions in all fronts and contributed to an enjoyable stay.

l

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Don't be fooled by the room pictures and description as a "King Room". The picture is actually a full sized (double) bed and not a king sized bed. There is about one foot of clearance on either side and two feet on the end. It is impossible to open the bathroom door and closet door at the same time. It also smelled of mildew. Despite booking and pre-paying for four nights, my wife and I left after a single night. They refused reimbursement for the nights we did not stay despite their gross misrepresentation on their website. Another couple was complaining about no hot water in their room. We sacrificed 500 GBP to move to a much better hotel (The Trafalgar St. James) and this saved our trip.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear martininms,

I am terribly sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations due to the various reasons mentioned and I would cherish the opportunity to discuss your feedback in further detail with you; accordingly I have sent you a private message, and I hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

All I can say is that we had a really enjoyable stay at the Grand Royale.  Exceptionally good value for money for a well located central London hotel. The staff were very helpful and always smiling which was very welcoming.  The room  was compact and the deco very relaxing.  I really liked stepping back in time with the architecture of the building which is well maintained.  The breakfast was delicious and the room was gorgeous.  Felt quite special eating there.

Well worth another visit.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Thanks for having us.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Beverley G,

Thank you very much for having shared this lovely review! I am thrilled to see that your expectations were exceeded on all fronts during your stay with us and you feel comfortable recommending our hotel; Rest assured your kind words regarding our staff and service will be shared and celebrated with the entire team here at the Grand Royale.