“Nice staff, great breakfast, clean room.”
Review of Alhambra Hotel

Alhambra Hotel
Ranked #274 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here one night in a single room with on-suite, which was on the small side but I expected that. The room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and ordered me a taxi for an interview I had in the morning. I also left my bags there after checking out to pick up later, free of charge. Cooked English breakfast was great and the chef was very friendly. The hotel is a five minute walk from St. Pancras station and I would definitely stay again if I needed to be in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I chose this hotel as it was very close to Kings Cross-St Pancras and it is- especially now that Kings Cross has the new entrance. Of course I was trying to get into my room as soon as I got there having just flown in. It wasn't ready quite yet but I was able to work online with their wifi until the room was ready and the people at reception got me in as soon as it was ready.

The gentleman who cooked my breakfast was very accommodating when I needed to have breakfast a bit early the first morning.

The room was small, but really I was paying for location, so this didn't matter so much to me. But it was a good, clean room which is exactly what I wanted.

Even though I faced the street, it was quiet at night (even with the window open).

All around, a good choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We chose the Alhambra for our two night stay in London because of its proximity to Kings Cross Station. However, the next time we go we'll be choosing the Alhambra again, quite simply because it was an excellent choice in terms of comfort, value for money and outstanding service. The room, although small, was clean, fresh and comfortable. Breakfasts were tasty, and served promptly with a smile.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We chose the Alhambra for a two-night stay in London before catching the Eorostar to Paris for its proximity to St. Pancras station and its reasonable price. We were pleased with our bedroom, which, though small, was comfortable and tastefully decorated and managed very well in the tiny but spanking-new bathroom. The family owners were warm and helpful and the young staff was enthusiastic and efficient. A lucky find just round the corner was a wonderful restaurant, Karpo, which has an eclectic menu featuring fresh produce from its rooftop garden on a nearby building--try it!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Alhambra in order to turn a Friday appointment into some time away. We had read on tripadvisor that the hotel offered modest but comfortable and, above all, clean accommodation.
Our experience more than matched our expectations. The room (as expected small) had everything we needed, the bed was comfortable and the tiny ensuite up to date and well equipped.
The furnishings and decorations were well cared for and clean.
Breakfast was excellent with attention to choice of produce.
We shall not need to search for somewhere to stay next time we visit London. The experience was much better than that endured in some bigger and so called 'better' hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple