“Great place to have a pint and chat!”

The Spanish Galleon
Ranked #11,573 of 25,285 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 12 - USD 16
Cuisines: Pub
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
Description: Beautiful traditional old English pub based in the heart of Greenwich, local to the Cutty Sark with easy public transport access via the DLR or The Thames Clipper.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My friend and I wandered into The Spanish Galleon because it was cute and seemed to have a great atmosphere. The chairs were so comfortable and the beer was exactly what we needed so we stayed for a few. I plan on going back the next time I am in the UK!

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Had a very lovely pub quiz in the upstairs function room, monthly one held for charity. Very cosy and welcoming and has it's own small bar upstairs. Food was great. Would definitely return for further pub quizzes. Downstairs also very warm and comfortable but had more people.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I had my birthday party in the upstairs venue in March 2018 and it could not have gone better. Sam the manager looked after everything and provided a great service. Food was bought round to everyone at regular intervals. The beer and wine was fantastic. We had live music and the whole event was relaxed and friendly. I would not hesitate to have another event there and recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I went for a wander round the pubs of Greenwich this week and stopped by here. Really quiet compared to the other pubs around with only a handful of people in here. Drinks were reasonably priced and to be honest it was a good pint. But a lack of atmosphere let it down. Would like to see if it’s busier on a weekend.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

We had lunch here in the middle of a shopping trip. I had fish and chips. It wasn't very nice if I'm honest, there was a lot of oil in the batter for the fish, it was also a little over done. It didn't ruin the atmospher which was good.