King's Cross Hotel
Ranked #398 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Lisa Court B&B is very close to King's Cross, St. Pancrass Station. If you are arriving to London by train, I would definately recommend this. Nice, friendly staff, clean rooms. The breakfast was included in the price, it was a good english breakfast. This hotel is located in a street with other B&B hotels in Camden. Trendy and safe area.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 July 2010

Following a mix up on the hotels part (which they refused to admit to), we were shunted into a room with no en-suite, a very uneven floor and a window that didn't lock shut. The (one) shower, shared with several other rooms was more of a dribble and the sink in the toilet was partially hanging off wall above all the broken floor tiles. In the morning there was no toilet roll and no staff to be found. Hotel was clean, but there is nothing else positive I can say about it. Considering Argyll Street and the square is crammed full of hotels, there are plenty of other hotels that can only be far nicer than this one. I would recommend avoiding this hotel at all cost!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Our two night stay at the Lisa Court Hotel in London in June 2010 turned out to be a great experience. We needed a downtown place to stay since our tour for Paris on the Eurostar was leaving early the next morning. And the price was within our budget.

I had read the past reviews on this website and just want to tell everyone that we noticed the proprieter is making efforts to update her hotel. We were just pleasantly surprised. The reception area and rooms have been repainted and new decorations added, too. We stayed in #6.

We were pleasantly surprised to find crisp white sheets on our king sized bed. Our room was clean and ready for us even before the 3pm entry time.

The shared bathroom was clean and the water was warm and best of all - a tub with shower. And there is a stool-only room available a short flight upstairs. Our room had a sink which was really helpful.

The best part of our stay was the great breakfast. We had our choice of eggs with ham and sausage, our choice of cereals, thick white toast with real butter and jam, juice and even a bowl of fruit. Everything was fresh, warm and served with efficiency.

We were given the opportunity to evaluate our stay. I will have to be fair in this review to say that our bathroom needs to be completely updated. I then suggested the mattresses should be replaced. You can feel the springs beneath the mattress. But we were so tired that we slept easily. But of course, when these improvements are made, the prices of the rooms will go up, too.

And the wife of the couple from New Zealand we met at breakfast the second morning reported her bath was cool. My advice is to take your bath the night before, if possible.

The weather was unusually warm and sunny for London in June but we opened our window and had plenty of ventilation.

There was no noise from the outside that bothered us in the least. The LIsa Court Hotel is located in an area of other hotels with little traffic. There is even a McDonalds and a Burger King around the corner if you need a quick meal. Walking to the international train station in the early morning took 5 minutes tops.

We are a couple in our mid 60's from the USA. You won't be disappointed with your stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

MY Husband@ I stayed 4 2 nights. IT was very close 2 d train stations witch was great. . BUT as 4 d "HOTEL".... on arival at 11.30 we were met by d manageress who told us our room would b ready it 2oc. But we had 2 pay for our room first. Witch is lesson no1 dont ever pay 4 a room u havent seen first. We payed fir our room and went off out sightseening. When we got back dat evening we were given room no 2 I wasnt expecting 4 star accomation Just a cleen dry warm room with shower .Wat we got was a small cold room wit even smaller shower room It was so small u could sit on d tiolet and have a shower .We had 2 ask 4 extra pillows and a blanket witch had seen better days .D room was dark and d bed felt damp ..Them we dicovered d so called shower didnt work. We reported it 2 d girl on reception who said she would r her manager and get it fixed We never saw her again.So we hoped it would b fixed by d time we came back d next evening.suprise suprise it wasnt. At dis stage we both needed a shower 2 days in london at 28,degrees heat and now shower is madneing.We reported it again 2 d manager who realy couldent care less but got it fixed in d end.Then 2 b told we wouldent b able 2 use it til d morning cos there was on hot water left. Breakfast was small but ok. We went back 2 our roon for our long awated shower witch turned out 2 b a quick dip cos u ider froze or got burnt. Then we got a knock at d door at 10.30 telling us it was time 2 leve.We were told on arivel dat check out was 11 not 10.30. Over all this hotel was a horrable expernance never 2 b repeted. Would not recomend dis dump.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I stayed in a single room for 1 night before a job interview.
The room was acceptable - small (but that's what I expected) and clean.
I didn't have any problems with the bathroom - from reading other reviews I think maybe I just got lucky, but I had a really good shower in the evening and nobody else was around when I needed to use the bathroom.
'Tea and coffee facilities' means 1 tea bag and 1 coffee sachet which I thought was a bit stingy (but maybe I'm just fussy and I didn't try asking for another).
I couldn't have breakfast because it started too late (8am) so I can't comment on that!
The woman who worked there was a bit abrupt with me - I had booked the room the night before but she seemed really surprised to see me and a bit suspicious, spending ages checking and photocopying my ID and going through the booking, and she also seemed surprised when I asked to use the internet, as if I wasn't supposed to. Just didn't particularly feel very welcome. She was OK though when I checked out at the crack of dawn (the '24 hour reception' basically means she slept in reception rather than going to bed.)
I didn't get a very good night's sleep - you have to ring the bell to go into the hotel because the door is locked, so people kept ringing the bell all through the night and traipsing up and down and there was also quite a bit of noise from the road outside.
In all it was an OK room but I didn't particularly feel it was worth my £45 - could get a nice hotel room and own bathroom for not much more.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business