King's Cross Hotel
Ranked #399 of 572 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Perfectly located for St Pancras & Kings Cross stations. Basic and rather dated hence the low prices.
We booked a room for 4 adults which was suitable however it was overheated. With no facility to turn the heating down, the room was like a sauna which made for an uncomfortable night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located perfectly to King's cross and even Euston station.
It is absolutely fine, the price is good and it had everything you require froma hotel after a busy and tiring day of sight seeing. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and I would probably stay here again if I went back to London as I really had no issues. Breakfast was good too, continental but enough to fill up on before embarking on another jam packed London day.
The hotel doesn't sell itself as a 5 star, If you live by the motto that you get what you pay for then you will find this place just fine.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2017

It is really well situated about a 5 min walk from King's Cross/St. Pancras. The staff attitude is laughable, they just don't care. My bedsheets seemed clean, but the floors were dusty. I was glad I got a high floor but the stairs are really uneven and windy - not great for accessibility. My shower was taped up with masking tape and I wasn't allowed use it (although they told me this when I was trying to have a wash somehow!). I needed a one-night stay near King's Cross so it served its' purpose but honestly, it's a total dump.

Room Tip: Higher floor, but sound rises!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Before I begin, let me say that for the price and location it was at least convenient. But that's all.
I was visiting a friend for the weekend and chose this hotel as it was cheap so close to the train station. Once I arrived I found the front door locked, odd for a hotel, and a shoddy sign prompting me to ring a doorbell, after waiting for what felt like 5 minutes the door was opened to me by a lady, she never introduced herself so I don't know if she was the owner, the receptionist or anything else. Then i realised why she took so long to answer the door... the 'reception' (a tiny cupboard of an office) was located at the far end of a long corridor.
There she asked for my name and consulted a hand-written notebook, handed me the room key and told me where my room was.
I was staying on the 3rd floor and had to climb some incredibly flimsy, narrow stairs that not only had missing spindles but the steps themselves seems to be wonky and leaning inwards.
The room was small, the bed creaking, the mattress incredibly hard. The old victorian window was stiff to open and revealed a ledge full of litter and cigarette buts.
A tiny TV sat on top of a doorless wardrobe and like the stairs, the floor was wonky, so much so that the door had a large gap under it.
Then there's the bathroom...
There was mould/rust around the base of the shower door, the shower itself was like a coffin and the taps where barely holding on. There was also the access door to the attic above the bed.
The next morning a knock at the door from the cleaner was followed by "I need to clean your room now", when I went to check out there was no sign of any staff, just a handmade box with a handwritten sign instructing me to leave the keys.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 May 2017

We booked this hotel for €65 (double room), so we weren't expecting any kind of premium service. We got room 12 and 9 which were great. Avoid rooms at the basement and ground floor they are horrendous. The only thing that really bothered me was the dirty bed sheets. There was make up stains and it was clear that the duvet cover had remained unchanged. The rest of the room/bathroom looked clean.

Survival tips: 1) Demand to get a room on first or second floor
2) Bring your own bed sheets
3) Bring your own shower gel/shampoo
4) Bring a sleeping mask. The room never gets dark enough
5) Bring ear plugs. Walls are paper thin

Room Tip: Room 9 (street view) or 12 (back garden view more quiet) are good
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business