See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Apart from its location there is nothing good to say about this place, tiny, poor service and wooden floors on all corridors so don't worry about setting your alarm in the morning because the noise outside the room will be sure to wake you up. Worse still was the fact that I left a charger in the room when I returned to the hotel the next day to collect it I was told the "lost and found department" was closed and they refused to help me. So two days later I returned spoke to another front desk operative who opened a draw at reception only to advise that no charger was there. So much for the lost and found department it was simply a case of opening a draw so not only was I lied to but they had obviously lifted it. Disgusting and no effort made to compensate and e-mail ignored.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Stayed for two nights in a twin room with my son. Spacious room with a clean ensuite. Good size TV and very clean and comfortable beds. Good WiFi signal and a 24hr reception. Very close to all amenities but in a quiet street. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Would def stay here again

The only negative points are there was no bath mat and the whole building could with a lick of paint

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The hotel is in a superb location, about 5 minute walk to Kings Cross and St Pancras stations/.
The hotel is a budget hotel, so very basic, no frills, but warm enough and clean enough. TV didnt work, and being on the ground floor, quite noisy. I had an en-suite room, the shower room was also basic but adequate.
If its just a bed you need, this place is OK, and very cheap by London standards.
Bonus of free Wi-Fi too

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2016

The room was not cleaned properly and very old furniture needs refurbishing. No aircon which made it unbearable when in room. No access given to wife. No lift had to go up to 3Rd floor with heavy bag. The bedding was clean.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 29 August 2016

This "hotel" is just minging. First tiny room we went in stunk and was roasting hot. When we lifted the duvet, the bedding was filthy with presumably remnants of the previous guest. On complaining, we were moved to another room which to be fair was cleaner. The bed was uncomfortable, the room too small to be able to walk around the bed, and still very hot. Initially walking into the 'bathroom' was unable to breathe due to the ridiculously strong smell of bleach. (This at least gave us some faith an attempt at cleaning had been made, although that appeared to be just pouring half a bottle of domestos down the bog and not flushing it).
Shower didn't work properly, was scalding hot and during shower the pressure dropped and water stopped completely for 5 mins.
Also very noisy all through the night, inside and outside. Sounded like someone was building a flat-pack wardrobe at 3am outside our door!
I'm not sure exactly what the room rate was (£80-£90 I think) which although cheap for the area is an absolute rip off. I'd rather have kept the money and kipped in a skip.
Only positives: 2 min walk from station, staff were polite and had no problem moving us when we complained (they are probably used to it!), happy to store luggage after checkout.

Room Tip: Room 8 overlooks a lovely pile of junk.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple