“Basic dorm base in London”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
King's College Summer Accommodation
Ranked #523 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
US and UK
“Basic dorm base in London”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2010

The room was small and basic. Upon arrival I was given a little toiletry bag with shower cap, shampoo, etc. The first morning of my stay I was awoken by the fire alarm and had to vacated the room during the drill. There was no toilet roll in the room when I arrived and had to go down to the cleaning cupboard to ask for a roll. The bathroom is actually a shower room where the sink, toilet and shower are all located in one room with no division. It was fully functional. It is located close to Waterloo Station. I found it a bit expensive for the type of accommodation however the locations was perfect for me, so I was willing to pay.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank yedra78

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
St Louis Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2009

I stayed for just one night at Stamford Street. The room was adequately sized, and it was nice to have an ensuite bathroom with plenty of hot water. The downside was that the carpet was dirty and the towel stained with someone else's makeup. One curtain only reached half way down the window, so a light from outside shone in all night. My key also didn't open the door, and I had to get the security guard to open it for me. It would also have been nice to have had a light by the bed. However, for the price, the room was well located- very near Waterloo - and it's unusual to get your own loo etc at their rates. If you take our own towel, and an eye mask, you'll be fine!

Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank JongoStLouisMissouri
Jollyrancher50
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2008

I arrived in London on a low budget and not expecting to find much for my money. I cannot tell you how pleasently surprised I was at how great value for money Stamford Street Apartments are.

I had my own en suite facilities and was able to use the fairly spacious kitchen, which also had it's own television. The linen was
clean and my room was cleaned daily.

Best of all about my experience at Stamford Street Apartments was the kindness, helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The manageress ensured that the staff saw to my every need and on one occassion when I came home, tired, fed-up and drenched I was offered a towel, hot drink and a seat.

The security team were also very friendly and I would often stop to chat on my way in and out of the building.

Yes the rooms are very basic, but they are clean and the location is fantastic. If you are travelling to London on a tight budget this is by far the best accommodation to stay in.

Will be back next year!!

• Liked — Value for money and staff
  • Disliked — Carpets need replacing!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2006

Stamford Arms is a college dormitory and nothing more. The space allocation is OK for a dormitory, but the beds are deplorable and need to be replaced. The springs come through the mattresses and cause a painful night of sleep, or lack thereof. The bathrooms are about the size of what you will find on a cruise ship (old cruise ship). When comparing the value of staying at Stamford Arms versus a low cost hotel, you should stay at the hotel. It is terribly overpriced for the value received, especially for a short stay. It is very centrally located and within walking distance of many sites and attractions. A good travel agent can find a better deal for you, though.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank H D R

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2006

Location was the asset to Stamford Street Apartments - you could easily get to any location in central London but...the rooms were very small and neat but furniture, carpet etc. seemed dirty. The elevator was out most of the month I was there in our building which was a pain when you were on a higher floor. Security at the entrance to building were not very friendly and at times were rude! The laundry room never seemed very clean either. King's College RAs were nice and helpful once you discovered who they were as many different groups were staying at the same location. Ventilation in the rooms is minimal so if you are staying more than a couple days you must buy a fan! Surprisingly, I will say I did not have a problem with noise from other rooms but sometimes outside noise was a problem.

Stayed July 2005