“comfort and location”

and 1 more site!
Harlingford Hotel
Ranked #557 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Having stopped at the Harlingford over30 times it always gives what it says clean comfy rooms nice friendly staff, great breakfast with continental or full english.The great thing about the hotel is the location. Cartwright gargdens in the historical Bloomsbury area is close to euston station kings cross and st pancras. Few minutes walk to russell st station and two stops away on the tube you are in the heart of the city or 15 min, walk.highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back for a quiet night or front for a view of gerdens
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank petertony

Reviewed 25 October 2012

All I had done so far was to make a reservation mainly based on TA reviews. Something was wrong with my email and I was not receiving confiramation from the hotel. This hotel is so welcoming they called me (from London) to assure me all was fine and reservation was made as well as special requests I had made. That is service!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank donnie55
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was our first trip to London & we were arriving by Train from France - so the location was excellent. We were on the 3rd floor at the front. It is a bit difficult to get up to the 3rd floor from the 2nd as the stairs are steep. We found the room quality good, the bed was typical - not great not poor. The Bathroom had a shower which was small but everything worked.The Breakfast that was included was excellent and a great way to start the day. This hotel is well located for access to the Picadilly Subway Line & there are many decent restaurants nearby. There is a student residence near, so there can be some noise at night, but we had our window open everynight. We'd go back- again

Room Tip: unless you can climb steep stairs try for 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Stayed for one night on business. The exterior and lobby area has a nice feel and check-in was very easy. My room was fine. Clean, tidy and quiet however my bed had a bow meaning it felt like I was in a hammock. The mattress was thin and the bedstead hard underneath. Room 33 is up 3 flights of stairs and the Harlingford doesn't have a lift. The staircase is spiral so difficult if you're loaded with luggage (which I wasn't so not a problem).

Breakfast was nice, good ingredients and choice. My only gripe: I arrived 2 minutes before breakfast is officially served (07:30) and had to stand outside that I felt was a little officious and unnecessary. This time is late if you're on business. However service was fine afterward. Would visit again and its perfectly located in the heart of Bloomsbury, which I love.

Room Tip: If you struggle with stairs ask for a first floor room. Not appropriate for wheelchair users.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Day_Meehan
Harlingford, Manager at Harlingford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

I must thank our recent guest for writing a positive review of our small and happy hotel and for giving me the opportunity to take pride in disclosing this little known fact; we are possibly, the only hotel in the area that provides an early (continental style) breakfast - at 3am, 5am, 6am or whatever time - for our guests who may have an early train or flight to catch, all they have to do is arrange it with reception the evening before.
On check-in all our guests have relevant times etc explained to them and, as this happens so infrequently I do remember this person push open the closed door and enter the breakfast room: the time was 7.20am. I politely explained that the staff do not start work until 7.30am and would he mind waiting in the lounge for just a few minutes while they finish preparing the the food and tables.
As there was no mention made of being in a hurry I thought it was no big deal, obviously it was.
I must point out the start time for breakfast is NOT fixated upon, I leave it entirely to the kitchen.serving staff to decide when to open the door, invariably, it is BEFORE 7.30am. Also we NEVER close the kitchen exactly at the stated time of 9.am, the wonderful hard-working staff in the breakfast room are still rushing to and fro serving dishes well past the hour.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at the Harlingford when visiting London with students who were staying at The Clink on Grey's Inn Road. The Harlingford is walking distance from The Clink, so well located for maintaining a connection to my students. The hotel itself is on a very quiet street, and is a short walk from King's Cross. The Russell Square Station is 3 or 4 blocks in the other direction. The British Museum is within easy walking distance. There are several good restaurants nearby, convenient when it is pouring rain and you don't want to walk far. My room was a single, and very comfortable, with a small lounging chair, a desk big enough for a laptop, plenty of outlets, a kettle and tea & instant coffee provided, a bathroom with plenty of room with a good shower. My only warning is that the stairs are steep and narrow, and as I have some mobility issues, it was difficult to get even my small bag up the stairs to my room and down again in the morning. One of the hotel staff kindly saw me struggling and brought my bag down for me on the day I was leaving. If you have mobility issues, ask for a lower floor. I echo others' remarks about the very adequate breakfast and the very helpful staff. I will stay at the Harlingford again. It is ideally situated for bringing a group of students to London, but it is also ideally situated for anyone visiting and wanting an affordable, comfortable, and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business