“Good location, good breakfast and good room.”
Review of Harlingford Hotel

and 1 more site!
Harlingford Hotel
Ranked #555 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed in Harlingford Hotel in March 2011 and had the triple room which was on the same level as the breakfast room. The location is fantastic, just around the corner at Cartwright Gardens and about a 10 minute walk to Russel Square tube station. The famous North Sea Fish restaurant is less than a 100 metres away.

As for the room it is small but nicely decorated. However, I found the walls are t thin. So whenever your fellow neighbours walk a bit too hard on the floors you are going to hear the noise and also if they talk/laugh too loud you'll be able to hear them!

I found the hot water a bit wonky but never made any complaints to the Manager. Sometimes we had to make do with a cold shower instead.

Despite the above complaints, I wouldnt mind staying here again as the rates are reasonable, the rooms are clean and the breakfast spread is excellent and very generous.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the garden/away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank garlack
There are newer reviews for Harlingford Hotel

Reviewed 10 October 2011

The Harlingford is, really, quite good. The only thing that really bothered me was the obviously unsound proofed walls. I can never really understand why anyone owning a hotel would think I'd be happy to hear what's going on next door! Hearing the person in bed and have them knocking on the wall at any noise I made! Oh, there's was also the unexpected visitor on the first evening, a mouse suddenly appearing in the middle of the floor as I sat on the bed! And just as my eyes were focusing on this small dark blob with beady eyes, it quickly disappeared into a small hole near the cupboard. Shocked thinking I wouldn't get any sleep, I pondered for some time what to do before finally blocking the hole with a phone book I found in the cupboard and wedging it in place with the chair. This was later sorted out, upon telling the room maid, by something more better suited for the job.
There was also the incident of the fire alarm going off mistakenly early one morning, very irritating! But, "at least it worked" I was later told!
Breakfast was really excellent and was pretty much all you could eat with many choices and served by excellent hard working staff and with some very good restaurants in the surrounding area, yes, I'd be quite happy to stay here again at sometime in the future...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank fortuner
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We have stayed at this hotel 4 times, the last two in September 2011. The location near Kings Cross/St Pancras is excellent, and the Russell Square tube is also close. The rooms are modern and spacious (for a London hotel). Very nicely decorated and the bathroom facilities are excellent, unlike some tiny molded units we have experienced in other hotels. A few years ago, we stayed in an upper floor room that was comfortable but not as modern, so I can't say if all the rooms are as nicely updated as the ones we've had for the last 3 visits. The staff was very friendly and helped us find restaurants in the area. We were also able to leave an extra suitcase for a very small charge while we went for a week to Italy via Stansted airport. Last year we shared a triple room with our grown son, and it was spacious as well. The breakfast room is lovely, and the buffet and full breakfast options are excellent. Thought it might be too far from Paddington to get to the Heathrow Express quickly, but it was no trouble at all (the Paddington Station, unlike Kings Cross, doesn't have a lift if luggage is a problem). Good WiFi connection in the rooms. Don't know what it's like in hot weather - in Sept. we ran a fan at night. We will probably not stay in any other hotel on future trips to London.

Room Tip: No lift, if stairs are a problem ask for a street level room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ephemera9
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Great location, small but nice and clean rooms with coffee facilities and hair drier.

I have to agree that the ladies at the reception desk are a little “cold” and a friend that tried to reach me couldn’t even leave her name the first time she called (a lady rejected to take it arguing that another person would be at the desk later; a few days later another person did take the message). Nevertheless the staff was polite and helped me everytime I asked for it, so couldn’t complain about their work. Even more, thanks to the manager I got a nice reception although I made a mistake when booking the room and arrived one day later… without being aware of it! The manager was very nice and made arrangements so that I could have a room for all my staying (and when I was changed of room the hotel moved my luggage).

I stayed for 8 nights and, after visiting The Cotswolds, went back for another 4 nights.
The breakfast was great and I enjoyed the warm, relaxed atmosphere of it and the pretty dining room.
I felt that the place (the hotel itself and its sourroundings) was part of “feeling in London", adding something extra to the trip, so I would definitely stay in the Harlingford again.

One suggestion: since I am not big I had no troubles with the small bathrooms but would have appreciated to have something to put in the floor outside the shower since it was impossible not to spill water everytime I used it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank ys_scl
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. We had a triple room which was quite small but well layed out so that it worked for 3 people and luggage. Hotel conveniently located for early train from kings cross/st pancras. the breakfast was a very pleasant surprise! would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends