We all know that London is an expensive city, but you don't have to drop major $$$ (or £££) to have an enjoyable stay. This is a great choice for those on a budget.
I traveled solo and got in late in the evening. Still, I felt safe walking from the tube station to the hotel while lugging all my stuff. And after I checked in to my room, I was on a mission to find two things: food and a sim card for my phone. Luckily, I found both within two minutes of leaving the hotel. (There's a great fish and chips place just down the street, and the internet cafe that sells sim cards is just right around the corner. Perfect!)
Anyway, here is a rundown of the good and the bad.
- Affordable! Less than 100£ for a single room? Not bad!
- Great location, only a five-minute walk from the Russell Square tube stop, easy to find, and safe too
- Clean and comfortable room, plus spacious and modern bathroom
- Friendly staff (reception and breakfast room)
- Breakfast included, and it was pretty good too!
- No elevators here. If you have a heavy luggage, request a room in one of the lower floors. They were able to accommodate this request for me, which is nice.
- Leaving your luggage with luggage hold means leaving it in the breakfast room. I was a bit uncomfortable doing this because really, anyone can just grab your luggage. But thankfully, all my stuff was still there when I came back for them late in the afternoon.
- Spotty WiFi. I got disconnected a couple of times.
- Tiny room, but as I mentioned, it is pretty comfortable.
Overall, I liked my stay here. If you're looking for something basic that's affordable and in a great location, you really can't go wrong with this one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Harlingford Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harlingford Hotel London