“Lovely decor”

Ranked #2,650 of 23,771 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 63 - USD 92
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: sketch Gallery, a vibrant gastro-brasserie, is sketch's artist-conceived restaurant. Celebrated British artist, David Shrigley, has transformed the Gallery at sketch as part of a long-term programme of artist-conceived restaurants. 91 works line the restaurant's walls, forming the largest collection of original drawings Shrigley has ever exhibited. The Gallery is open seven days a week for afternoon tea and dinner.
Reviewed 21 April 2021

Unfortunately only Oriental people dine here. Not polite staff on a ground floor. Polite waitresses on a first floor. I would never enjoy a cup of tea. I hate tea.

Date of visit: May 2020
2  Thank EvelynCzajsner
Write a reviewReviews (2,949)

Reviewed 15 December 2020 via mobile

Came here with my best friend and my daughter for festive afternoon tea at £92 per head with a glass of pommery brut. I was happy to pay this price on the notion that its Christmas and I wanted to treat myself. Sadly the "Festive" afternoon tea was an anti climax and did not come close to matching its pretty surroundings. The only meager attempt at something remotely festive themed was the chocolate log, which was a cake slice rather than a mini log. I wish I'd book another tea that had pastries decorated to my expected festive standard. Not one snowflake, Christmas tree, gingerbread man or glitter in sight. There are much better themed afternoon teas and gutted Sketch did not meet the festive brief. I'm left feeling a bit ripped off and that I actually paid for a visit to egg toilets and a dance from a ballerina. If you're not a foodie, absolutely come here for the atmosphere. If you love food, this isn't the place for you.

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank maritezm
Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

Lovely lunch spent at sketch! Emilee the waitress was absolutely fantastic! Super caring and helpful! We was so happy we was allowed to bring our small dog! The decor and the ambiance was excellent! Cocktails were perfect! Cannot wait to come back!!!

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank Meechone
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

I was not sure if the experience would live up to the hype since it’s a big hit with the Instagram influencers - but it dose live up to its reputation

I was impressed with their COVID safety measures and had my temperature taken on arrival.

I love how they combine modern elements like the Shrigley prints, space egg toilets and their imaginative take on afternoon tea, with classic silver service and live classical music.

The menu is very creative and truly magical. Every dish was truly perfect.

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank EnglishWomanAbroad1
Reviewed 12 November 2020

Whenever I go to London this is a classic luncheon stop for us. They have good service and lovely food. The atmosphere was good and couldn't be enhanced. Also the knowledge of the wine list and food was excellent. I will see you soon hopefully.

Date of visit: March 2020