Book now, pay at stay
USD 187
USD 154
Hilton
  • Room Service
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 139
USD 130
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 151/night.

The Arch London(London)
USD 422
USD 336
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 104
USD 101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
USD 114
USD 101
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 170
USD 630
USD 484
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfour postersouth kensingtonold brompton roadwelcome drinkquiet residential streetcharming hotelafternoon tearoom servicesmall hotelfour star hotelexecutive roomthird floortube stationthe royal albert hallbooked this hotelmini barlocation is excellent
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in December, we had a lovely room with a big 4 poster bed and massive windows looking out on to the street. It was a nicely decorated hotel however i felt a little unsafe, all the doors had big keys (extremely heavy with a massive bell style attachment ) not like modern key cards, when going out for dinner we asked if we could leave our key with them..when returning we went to pick up the key from a staff member we had not yet seen who asked our room number and handed it straight over with out asking any questions. We could have been strangers not even staying there and after that it would really put me off returning or leaving anything of slight value in the room if i was too. I also tried to have a bath one evening and again in the morning, both cold/luke warm sadly as it was a lovely bathroom.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Your constructive feedback is most gratefully received and it is only through guests such as yourselves that we can strive to not only maintain but exceed our standards and your expectations. I’m pleased however to receive your feedback on the fantastic location of the hotel, its impeccable design and of course our friendly staff.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Cranley Hotel in the future and if I can be of any assistance in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

With kind regards,
Team

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed with my family for 4 days london visit, hotel located in nice area very convenient to get around. Rooms were specious and clean and the restaurant food was just delcious.
I had room with breakfast , I have upgraded to cooked breakfast which we asked to be served in the room .all in all. Very cosy place and romantic with friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laurawilson214

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such lovely review about your stay at The Cranley Hotel. I really do have a team that pride themselves on delivering the best service, so I am very pleased to hear that you felt the service was impeccable and wonderful.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location great for your stay. We are indeed situated in the corner of Hyde Park/ walking distance from Kensington Gardens and Kensington Palace as well as High Street Kensington tube station, within short walking distance from many of London’s top sights and attractions.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to you new home in London in the not distant future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The fact that I downloaded the app and created an account etc which took ages just shows how much I wanted to leave a review.

Before we even arrived at hotel we tried to call numerous time beforehand to ask a question and no one ever picked up. As we established when we got there it’s because the reception desk is the size of my palm and no one is ever there. Out for everyone to see was a check in sheet as such with all the details and room numbers of the people checking in that day, and for someone who works closely with personal data I have to say that their data protection is terrible. Additionally all the room keys were left open which is a massive security concern.

Once we hailed down a member of staff to get the receptionist we checked in (after paying a £50 deposit that we were unaware of) and went off to our top floor room using the stairs because the lift was broken. We did not have much luggage as it was only a night, however I’m sure if we had more we wouldn’t have had any help. Once we made it to the top we opened our room, excited about what we were about to see, and SOMEONE ELSE’S belongings were in the room. I think at this point the worst part was knowing we’d have to walking back down and up the stairs again.

We’d travelled all day and to arrive to this was just shocking considering the “4 star hotel” claims. We went straight back down and what a surprise there was no staff member to be seen. After a while we explained to the receptionist what had happened she was shocked and said she would go and check the room. 10 minutes later she came back on the phone speaking in her native language and after it ended didn’t speak to us once then asked us what the room looked like and despite her previously “going to check the room”. She said they have another room for the same price. We were shown it and it was the size of my wardrobe honestly and so we refused it. The rude receptionist made out that it was our fault that they had made a mistake. I asked if we could have a full refund if we wanted to stay elsewhere and they said even under these circumstances it’s non refundable. Great.

They said the original room could be ready in half an hour (they were convinced the person before had checked out) and we said ok we’ll get on with our day and left our luggage with the hotel. Still not a single apology from the staff. Not only does this mean that no one entered the room between check out and check in but it also meant that when we went they would need to turn the whole room around in 30 minutes. Not great considering when we finally made it the previous persons food was still in the mini fridge. We just hope they actually changed the sheets.

There was no tea and coffee making facilities which was surprising and disappointing considering it’s an old British hotel in London. Still not a single way of compensation or even a free drink in their restaurant which is just a basic apology in the customer service industry.

Incredibly poor service for a 4 star hotel which clearly is only because of the location. Would not recommend to anyone. And for a special expensive night in London with my partner it really upset us.

5  Thank EmRiMcG

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us at the Cranley Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we have inadvertently managed to detract so much from what I otherwise hope would have been a most enjoyable stay with us.

We had a full hotel the previous night which resulted in a slight delay in our getting some rooms ready for our incoming guests. This was a highly unusual situation and I'm sorry you felt the service we provided was not up to expectation.

We have been honoured to receive many comments from guests about the friendliness and genuine warmth of every member of my team and I'm sorry to note you did not have this same impression on this occasion.

I am disappointed that we didn't have the opportunity to make amends on the night as we are committed to ensuring guests leave our hotel fully satisfied.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Team

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Booked Groupon three course with a glass of prosecco, the set menu was limited particularly for vegetarians so l ordered a starter from the a la carte menu at no extra cost. Aubergine, garlic and walnuts with warm flat bread which was delicious. Chicken with flat bread was nice too but it's a cold starter. My main was a selection of rice, although flavoursome it's a plate of rice which was ok as l like rice and don't eat it that often. Lamb and rice was nice too. Baklava and selection of cakes and cookies was very nice. Decor was quirky felt like l was having dinner in a friend's living room, which added to the charm, warm and cosy. Toilets were downstairs, this restaurant isn't suitable for disabled people. 5mins from Gloucester road tube, so a good location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GM159, Manager at Cranley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this terrific review on the dinner you just recently had at The Cranley Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure that you were able to have variety of vegetarian choices from the Menu, I will be sure to let the Chef know how much you enjoyed it as I know he will be just as delighted as myself.

We are indeed ideally located just a short walk away from the tube station, and a short taxi ride away from Kensington High Street tube station.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Cranley Hotel very soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed in superior room for my 50th birthday which was great. We had a lovely Persian meal for dinner which was delicious also paid a supplement for an English breakfast which we had in our room which again was great.
The staff were also very friendly and helpful.
We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GM159, Manager at Cranley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful review.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your special stay with us and that you chose The Cranley to celebrate your birthday. I will be sure to pass on your complimentary comments to all of the team, including our chefs who I know will be delighted to hear that you loved your scrumptious breakfast and the Persian dinner.

It has been an absolute pleasure to read your fantastic review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Cranley Hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards