“Great location and good value”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington
Ranked #480 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I enjoyed my stay here. The location in South Kensington couldn't be better, very close to all the neighbourhood restaurants, and just a short walk from the Underground. Inside it's a bit of a maze but my room, though very small, was comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was well equipped. The lighting design was particularly impressive, with low-level LED lighting in the bathroom activated from the bedside for those night-time visits. Complimentary water was a welcome touch, and the wifi was excellent. Breakfast too was very good. If I was to return here, I think I'd want a more spacious room, but for my purposes on this trip, it was quite acceptable.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the property are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The good: location. Just a few blocks from the tube station and close to the museums.

The not-so-good: Indifferent staff. The front desk was slow at check-in (8:30p at night) and never mentioned the benefits for Hilton Gold until I asked after being given my keys. Quite different than the response at the Doubletree West End a few days earlier. Check-out was also slow. This hotel has tight hallways, much like a ship, and a staff member told I should use a different hallway!

Breakfast was ok, on the smaller side in terms of choice but adequate. Hot drink orders were slow, I was nearly done with breakfast by the time mine came.

Wifi was ok ~1Mb speed, but periodically dropped which forced me to re-login.

Overall, I would hesitate to return to this hotel for future visits.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We really enjoyed our stay here! Our room was spotless and bed very comfortable. Hotel staff couldn't have been nicer, especially Concierge Rafiq. He went out of his way to make us feel extra welcome and searched high and low for band aids for my daughter when she got a blister. His restaurant recs were spot on. Loved La Brioche for a very affordable breakfast!
This hotel is in an excellent location; easy walk to South Kensington Underground, museums, and Kensington Park.
Yes, there is a renovation going on and the front is covered in scaffolding but it did not effect our stay in any way. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Very welcoming and pleasant staff. Rather small but clean and comfortable room. Great location, close to Hyde park and the subway. The hotel was under construction but that didn't affect our stay. We will definitely stay there next time we visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We booked a two night stay at this hotel and had SIX different rooms over the 48 hour period, before we were finally allocated the room we had booked (a twin room!). It is worth knowing that the hotel is under construction, as some of the rooms are very dark as a result of the scaffolding and it is very noisy in the week. Breakfast is ok, but by no means ground moving. The customer service received was poor. We will never return to this hotel and will book a Doubletree with caution in the future. Avoid if possible. There are many more excellent hotels in London, at a fraction of the price, so definitely look around.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these London hotels
Hilton London Kensington
South Kensington
Park Grand London Kensington
Marylebone
The Montcalm London Marble Arch

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington

Address: 100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Formerly Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate)
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
#310 Luxury Hotel in London
Price Range: $224 - $474 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Regency Hotel Queens Gate