USD 269
USD 192
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 126
  • Bar/Lounge
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
USD 87
USD 278
USD 140
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 165/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 179
USD 101
USD 93
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 107/night.

USD 485
  • Pool
1,167 results
All reviewsgreat locationqueens gatethe royal albert hallnatural history museumgloucester roadhyde parklovely hotelroom wasn't readyminute walkpiccadilly lineeasy accesstube stationrooms are smallquiet roomwest endkensingtonconcierge
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Fabulous location, great breakfast and very friendly, helpful staff when staying, however,it was a nightmare to get through on the phone afterwards. I left my sunglasses and was told they would call or email me back once they had checked with housekeeping. Still I've heard nothing over a week later.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank C N
Jesus E, Hotel Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your 5-star review about your recent stay.

I am sorry to learn that you did not received a call yet about the left behind sunglasses. We have strict procedures in place and take this very seriously. Please feel free to contact me directly on j.espinar@dtlondonkensington.com with your reservation details so I will personally follow up our records.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2016

The front of this hotel is very Chelsea (set in a row of white brick row houses) and the location is pretty great, however, scratch beneath the surface and it is still a Doubletree. Which means smart (nice looking) up front but, unfortunately, tawdry under the surface. Features front desk staff that doesn't really care that you have been assigned to the most claustrophobic room ever (probably one that they would never sleep in if they had a choice). The 'upgrade' room bathrooms are so small that you have to close the door and climb over the toilet to get into the shower. And - really, the corridors can't possibly be regulation size? And the breakfast - despite very helpful, upbeat staff, is just plain awful. High points? The multilevel chandelier in the stairwell is absolutely beautiful. Too bad that the rug beneath it seems to be a holdover from the not so swinging 30s. Fabulous bed, in the upgrade room. Could be a "wonderful bed". Great neighborhood. Check out Bibendum, the "michelin man" restaurant in a re-modeled garage. Or go to the museums, or walk to the Chelsea embankment, or check out the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park. It's definitely a step up from the Holiday Inn nearby, (yes, the Holiday Inn! you can have a true Holiday inn experience in London, without time travel!) but only because it's smaller. FYI, here's the number of the special prison room for claustrophobic guests: 117- has no apparent no fire exit and windows that don't open, located at the top of a narrow stairway that only leads to the one room...is this the room that the single woman traveler gets assigned to because she's too tired to complain? I suggest that they take this room of the list of guest rooms. It's just not right.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank William M
Reviewed 17 June 2016

We are three "young" senior citizen couples who chose the Doubletree by Hilton for its reputation, location and price.
Our room was on the ground floor and although the size and facilities were just adequate we found it to be very dark. The hotel manager did inform us that all the hotel rooms lighting are to be upgraded.
The staff were very friendly and welcoming from arrival to departure and made sure all enquiries or requests by us were answered to our satisfaction and not just theirs!
We found that the location and area around the hotel felt "safe" both during the day and in the evening. Nearby are many nice restaurants, pubs and coffee shops that are busy, noisy and provide a great atmosphere when your aim is to go out and enjoy yourselves. Our first night there we had tickets to see a show in the West End, we chose to take a short stroll to South Kensington underground station and took the tube to Piccadilly which takes about 10 minutes. Yes the tube was busy in the evening but that added to the enjoyment of a night out in London!
There are so many places around the hotel that are in easy walking distance. The River, Kings road Chelsea, major museums, Hyde Park, The Albert Hall and much more.
Overall we found this hotel to be good value for the money and we will be returning to this hotel in the very near future but we will chose a room on one of the other floors.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I booked this DoubleTree Location based on location and what I felt was a good value for the money and I was not disappointed. Before arriving I emailed the hotel about an early check-in since our flight was landing at LHR fairly early in the morning and I knew we'd be exhausted. Also, I was traveling with my daughter as a graduation gift for her and wanted to make sure her first trip to the UK started off well. Happily I received a very quick response from the hotel manager, Mr. Espinar, who advised me they would do their best to get me in a room early and they did. Mr. Espinar also emailed me the morning of our arrival to tell me they would have a room ready and followed up a day or two later to see if we were enjoying our stay. That was beyond what I expected and excellent customer service!
Our check-in was quick and smooth and the bellman offered to help with the bags, but we opted to take our own luggage up as we were not carrying any oversize bags. The hallways have a few twist and turns and we got turned around initially but a housekeeper happily pointed us in the right direction.
I booked a standard twin room which was updated and very nice, the room was very small, but I knew that up front based on reading other reviews and it really wasn't an issue - we really weren't in the room much other than sleeping. The room was located on the inside of the hotel where the view was other hotel room windows, this was perfect as we never heard an outside noise. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job throughout our stay.
Breakfast was included in our rate and I have to say the dining room staff was very friendly and attentive. I was concerned because of some previous reviews but if there were any previous problems they've been resolved. We never waited but a minute or two for a table even when they were busy and everyone always smiled. The food was good with a lot of different choices.
As for the location, it was way better than I thought when I booked the hotel, it's literally a 3 minute walk to South Kennsington Tube station and maybe 4 mins to Gloucester Road Tube Stn. It was a breeze getting to the hotel on the Tube from LHR on the Piccadilly line - no changes, you just get on at LHR and then get off at S.K. or Gloucester rd for the short walk. Getting around London was a breeze also, S.K. Tube station is served by 3 lines allowing you to be anywhere you want to go very quickly - I had no idea how good this location was until we started sight seeing. There are several amazing sights within walking distance as well. To make it even better the area around the hotel and both Tube Stations is full of great places to eat and drink.
In summary, we really enjoyed our 5 nights at this hotel, my daughter loved London and the area around the DoubleTree. The staff was all friendly and helpful, the price/night was an amazing value and the hotel location is incredible. This will be my first choice if staying in London again and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the street are extremely quiet, standard rooms can be small just be aware.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Worst hilton hotel so far. I am a Honors member and stay at hilton every week. First time here. Had to move rooms. First room had a broken window, faulty air conditioning and live wires hanging out the wall. Hairs everywhere. The second room was not even decorated anf vwey smelly. Never again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business