“Great Value and Location for seeing London!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington
Ranked #477 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 June 2016

I booked this DoubleTree Location based on location and what I felt was a good value for the money and I was not disappointed. Before arriving I emailed the hotel about an early check-in since our flight was landing at LHR fairly early in the morning and I knew we'd be exhausted. Also, I was traveling with my daughter as a graduation gift for her and wanted to make sure her first trip to the UK started off well. Happily I received a very quick response from the hotel manager, Mr. Espinar, who advised me they would do their best to get me in a room early and they did. Mr. Espinar also emailed me the morning of our arrival to tell me they would have a room ready and followed up a day or two later to see if we were enjoying our stay. That was beyond what I expected and excellent customer service!
Our check-in was quick and smooth and the bellman offered to help with the bags, but we opted to take our own luggage up as we were not carrying any oversize bags. The hallways have a few twist and turns and we got turned around initially but a housekeeper happily pointed us in the right direction.
I booked a standard twin room which was updated and very nice, the room was very small, but I knew that up front based on reading other reviews and it really wasn't an issue - we really weren't in the room much other than sleeping. The room was located on the inside of the hotel where the view was other hotel room windows, this was perfect as we never heard an outside noise. The room was clean and housekeeping did a good job throughout our stay.
Breakfast was included in our rate and I have to say the dining room staff was very friendly and attentive. I was concerned because of some previous reviews but if there were any previous problems they've been resolved. We never waited but a minute or two for a table even when they were busy and everyone always smiled. The food was good with a lot of different choices.
As for the location, it was way better than I thought when I booked the hotel, it's literally a 3 minute walk to South Kennsington Tube station and maybe 4 mins to Gloucester Road Tube Stn. It was a breeze getting to the hotel on the Tube from LHR on the Piccadilly line - no changes, you just get on at LHR and then get off at S.K. or Gloucester rd for the short walk. Getting around London was a breeze also, S.K. Tube station is served by 3 lines allowing you to be anywhere you want to go very quickly - I had no idea how good this location was until we started sight seeing. There are several amazing sights within walking distance as well. To make it even better the area around the hotel and both Tube Stations is full of great places to eat and drink.
In summary, we really enjoyed our 5 nights at this hotel, my daughter loved London and the area around the DoubleTree. The staff was all friendly and helpful, the price/night was an amazing value and the hotel location is incredible. This will be my first choice if staying in London again and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the street are extremely quiet, standard rooms can be small just be aware.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

Worst hilton hotel so far. I am a Honors member and stay at hilton every week. First time here. Had to move rooms. First room had a broken window, faulty air conditioning and live wires hanging out the wall. Hairs everywhere. The second room was not even decorated anf vwey smelly. Never again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Stayed at this hotel and found everything we wanted. In a quieter location yet not too far from theatres etc. Very convenient for Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Palace and Harrods. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Stayed here with my partner, my daughter and her partner, on arrival they asked for my card and two payment where authorised, on leaving the next morning I had to give my card again and they took out apprantly the outstanding amount. Ok when I used my debit card again it was declined as I didn't have much money in there, on calling the bank they told me that the two payments from double tree Saturday where frozen ready to be taken out but also the amount Sunday had been frozen two, in total double tree Hilton took double of the amount I should have payed. On calling doubletree Hilton I was fobbed of until I spoke to the duty manager who was lovely and and said that the amount Saturday will be released back into my account in around 48 hour, on a hole one nights stay for 4 people has frozen money in my account to the sum of £841.50, of which I should get £440 of this back but what a inconvenient to people with not a Hugh amount of money, This weekend was a special occasion as it was my daughters birthday.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank sheena592016
Reviewed 13 June 2016

First, as the title says, we're Hilton Gold Members, so we try to stay in the Hilton Family when possible. Since London has a lot of Hilton options, that was all we considered. We picked this hotel for its location and value. It was cheaper than most of the other hotels in the Hilton family, so we were a little concerned that there would be an obvious reason why, however we weren't disappointed. The hallways could be very hot, but that was really the only thing I noticed. The hotel was convenient to two tube stations and the staff were very friendly.

If you want to stay in South Kensington and you're loyal to the Hilton Family, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these London hotels
Hilton London Kensington
South Kensington
Park Grand London Kensington
Marylebone
The Montcalm London Marble Arch

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington

Address: 100 Queen's Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5AG, England (Formerly Regency Hotel - Queen's Gate)
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites
#308 Luxury Hotel in London
Price Range: $223 - $472 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, Hilton EMEA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Regency Hotel Queens Gate