2,998 results
All reviews park lane the executive lounge red bar park room afternoon tea marble arch oxford street concierge desk great room upgraded to a suite turn down service an upgrade luxury hotel buckingham palace wonderful hotel london hotel tube station
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Please note, I am a Platinum member of the Marriott Rewards program and used points for my reservation. Since I wasn't paying - I am hoping it is why my treatment was sub par.

I am on a trip with my mother celebrating her 70th birthday. This is her first trip abroad and I tried to plan a nice trip for her so we started out at Grosvenor House in London. What a disappointment.

First - I talked to the Head Concierge & Cassandra in customer service to arrange to have chocolates and a birthday wish for my mother waiting in the room upon arrival (for a price, mind you). Well - nothing happened - nothing was ever said. I even EMAILED Cassandra to make sure everything was in order - nothing! The room was lovely - but I was provided the one room with the worst view in the entire hotel. I accepted this since the room was nice and nicely appointed. In general the door staff was very nice and pleasant, as were the lobby hosts - but the concierge team was abysmal. Every time I walked past the stand they were huddled together gossiping. Did they buy their Four Keys - because it was very obvious they didn't earn them.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Companion10286
Grosvenor_JWMarriott, Hotel Manager at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Companion10286,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel.

I was most concerned to read about your experience and that you left unhappy.

Regrettably your TripAdvisor name gives no indication of your actual name to allow me to research the matter and call you in an attempt to recover our shortcoming accordingly.

If you could please let me have your name and contact details to allow me to call you as I would not want you to feel that this is in any way representative of the usual standard of service here at JW Marriott Grosvenor House.

Alternatively you can contact me over 020 7499 6363 so that we could somehow find a permanent solution to restore your faith in Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel.

I look forward to resolving this with you soon.

Kind regards,

Hendrik Engel,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for a friends birthday and the afternoon tea was amazing. Delicious finger sandwiches, scones and cakes and the service outstanding. We never had to call them over. We had 8 choices of jams to choose from and they cater very well for vegans and vegeterians. Will be back!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for 5 nights using reward points and had a great time. Very luxurious in the heart of Mayfair. Superb service at all points, with a gorgeous lobby and flowers in abundance. Bed was very comfortable and the shower, while a bit hard to control, was good too. Bathrooms are encased in marble and not the most convenient as far as layout, but it gets the job done. Hope to come back soon

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2018

We went to the Park Room for afternoon tea to celebrate us having our second baby. The service was excellent and the afternoon tea itself was very enjoyable.

The selection of tea to choose from was comprehensive. This part of the hotel was recently renovated so the interior decor is very up-to-date. I would like to highlight in particular the scones, probably one of the best I have tasted in years.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018

After many stays at the JW, this hotel just keeps getting better and better. The following employees made our stay that much more memorable: Patrizia, Cassandre, Gabriel, and Victoria at the Front Desk. A big thank you to everyone at this property. Keep up the great work!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple