“Pre-show dinner at Royal Albert Hall”

Coda Restaurant by Eric Chavot
Ranked #267 of 25,591 Restaurants in London
Price range: USD 34 - USD 82
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: Coda Restaurant welcomes Michelin-awarded chef Eric Chavot to the team as consultant chef. Chavot brings his gastronomic expertise to the Royal Albert Hall with a menu of delicious, seasonal dishes inspired by his love of traditional French cooking. At Coda, the food takes centre stage, with a commitment to using the very best produce, cooked simply with imagination. Advance booking is highly recommended and can be done by visiting the Food & Drink section of the Royal Albert Hall’s website.
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Wonderful experience, classic ambience, Excellent menu served by very personable waitress Melania.
Highly recommended.
Perfect prelude to Classical Spectacular

Reviewed 17 March 2018

My daughter and I booked here to have a meal before seeing The Cirque du Soleil, Ovo. We arrived at 17.45 and were immediately seated. We ordered off the set menu which was £39 for 2 courses. We both had steak tartar with a quail egg for starter and then chicken celeriac puree with wild mushrooms for the main, washed down with a lovely bottle of red wine. It was very rich but delicious.The service was quick and efficient. We just finished in time for the show which we both enjoyed as well. The meal was quite expensive with service charge but we felt it was worth the experience.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We went to see the world famous show of Cirque du Soleil with my girlfriend and decided to have our dinner at The Royal Albert Hall and it was such a great idea.

Champagne on arrival, very warm welcoming for all the staff whoever was passing by.

Our waitress Signe was extremely helpful from the very first moment. She helped me to decide my starter as I was not able to decide between white bean veloute and beef tartar. So I went for the velute as she said she would pick that, and I have to say it was one of the best soups I have had in a while. I had the beef fillet as a main and coupe exotique as a dessert and they were both really nice.

Simona who was in charge in the restaurant always found a little time to make sure everything is spot on.

Overall it was an unforgettable experience as we really enjoyed the show, the food and we felt special thanks to this professional team at Coda. Definitely recommend and will be back soon :)

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

I managed to get four tickets for the last performance of Cirque du Soleil and decided to book a pre performance table at the Coda Restraint. The restaurant opens at 17:30 and the show began at 19:30.
We opted for the 3 course option and was told we could delay the desert until the 20 min interval but as it happened, service was efficient and all 3 courses were served by 19:00 allowing us plenty of time eat the desert and get to our seats for the start of the performance. However, what we did do was order an Expresso Martini for the interval which was ready and waiting on our table when we returned during the interval.
The food itself was very good. Between the four of us we choose a variety of dishes from the three courses and no one had any complaints, only praise.
After the desert, we had nearly a full bottle of wine left on the table so they gave us 4 clean glasses and allowed us to take the wine to our seat to drink during the performance – obviously that a RAH rule but it was a nice touch all the same.
If I ever get to go to the RAH again I won’t hesitate to book a table at Coda.

1  Thank Tony T
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Wonderful food and drinks at the Coda Restaurant and the staff and service were excellent - nothing was too much trouble, they even had our dessert and coffees waiting for us during the intermission.
On a negative note, on arrival they kindly took our coats to the cloakroom which we assumed they would look after until the end of the show (Cirque du Soleil - which was fabulous) but during the intermission they said we had to collect our coats!! So we had to have these rather bulky coats on our laps during the second half of the show - not too sure why they would have done this.