Thistle Kensington Gardens
USD 199*
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
USD 151*
USD 245*
USD 343*
USD 265*
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 212*
USD 196*
Official Hotel Site
USD 197*
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
USD 108*
USD 90*
USD 406*
USD 383*
Travelocity
2,128 results
All reviewshyde parkqueensway tube stationpark viewcentral linealbert hallconvenience storenotting hillbus stopfirst floorminute walkstandard roomjunior suitemarble archstayed for two nightsexcellent locationexcellent breakfastweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed in Thistle Kensington Gardens hotel this past weekend. All of the staff was very helpfull during our stay. The room was clean and the breakfast was great. The Hotel is only three hundred meters from the underground central line. The view from the window over looking the park is amazing. We will definate go back this year.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dutch88
Thistlehotels, General Manager at Thistle Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the view from your room and the breakfast!

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I hunted for a base foy my hubby & myself to stay in whilst visiting London for a show and shopping/sightseeing break for 3 days/2 nights at the end of Feb. I couldnt quite decide as I found something that put me off with everywhere I looked at (may it be price or bad reviews or grotty pics!) I booked the Thistle Kensington Gardens after much debate and am so glad I did. This place is a little gem that's near enough to the sights, tubes etc etc but far enough away to feel like youre having a break from the pace of the big smoke. I must admit from outside the place doesnt look to be all that but once you enter reception it's clear that the hotel is classy in every way shape and form and the staff are the cherry on the cake-nothing's too much trouble. We had a top floor room with park view and i must say it was up there with one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in. The bed was amazing, huge and so comfy. My husband celebrated his birthday whilst we were there and the lovely chap on reception even brought him a cake to celebrate on our first morning there-very nice touch.If like us you are unsure-please dont be, you wont be sorry. Highly recommended and i would stay again tomw : )

Room Tip: Top floor, park view
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank finnbay

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that your husband had a great birthday!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

Stayed for one night with my partner in one of the deluxe rooms. I'd paid for parking and have to say the carpark was tiny so was difficult to get in and out! However, the room was lovely, light and airy with a very large, extremely comfortable bed. Directly opposite Kensington gardens we had a view to the park which was gorgeous and you're a stones throw from lots of bars and restaurants and notting hill gate. Would stay again

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jenbee111

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! The hotel has three car parks with the upper level being far larger than the lower ones, and therefore easier to negotiate.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in March, as a base for visiting London. It is a 5 min walk from Queensway tube station. The room was large with a view over Kensington Gardens. Unfortunatley you do get a lot of traffic noise from the road in front of the hotel. The bed was very comfy. There was an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe plus a safe. Large flat screen tv on wall Plenty of toiletries in bathroom. Bath tub and Shower attachment in bath with Shower Screen.

We ate in the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was lovely. Breakfast was buffet service and was also very good. Plenty of hot and cold dishes to choose from. Restaurant and bar were very quite in the evenings so not much atmosphere. Staff all very polite and helpful.

Will definately return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SUNBEDSUE

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team polite and helpful!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

The hotel itself was very nice and in a great location. Across from Kensington Gardens, a walk away from museums, around the corner from the Tube, close to buses, and close to a shopping area. Great variety of small restaurants just around the corner. However, the first room I was given was dark, dingy and dirty with no Internet access. To the hotels credit, when I called I was moved to a very lovely, clean and sunny park side room making my stay very pleasant. No free wireless. There is a charge for 24 hours at a time. With the right room I would highly recommend this hotel. Concierge service was fantastic. Great front desk service and concierge. My Mum stayed in her room which was also a bit dark and dingy but it was very quiet and had a great bathroom. Stay here but just be sure to get a park side room.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank allyson360

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! All of our Deluxe and Executive bedrooms overlook the park and are available at a supplement, plus they also have the benefit of the sunshine during the day therefore making these rooms feel more light and airy compared to our Standard bedrooms.