The good part:
- Hotel close to tube
- It looks good from the outside
- It does look great inside
- The room is great, as you would expect from a good 4* hotel
Did not like so much:
- I stayed in room 519. I had difficulties with getting anything else besides rather hot water in the bathroom in the first evening. In the morning I went to shower. The water was too hot for me initially, then I managed to get the right temperature for me and then it went by itself more hot (which was too much for me), some 2 min later it was back to normal again. Not the best for a 4* hotel.
- I like to listen to radio. Damn it takes a while to get to the radio station I wanted to listen to. Definitely several minutes.
- Pillows were too high for me. All 3 nights I started to sleep on a pillow, woke up during the night time (too high pillow), removed the pillow, then woke up again (it was as bad without the pillow as it was with the pillow) and tried to fall asleep again. The first hotel in my life where I felt like this.
- Breakfast: consists of 2 parts: breakfast that can be ordered by selecting some of the choices. A lot of choices really, sound very tasty, but why almost all of them with eggs? Not suitable for me as I am a vegetarian. Ok, I took a buffet breakfast. It's fine, a bit wider choice would be beneficial. Again possible to order (mostly for free) some options. I don't eat sushi, I don't eat eggs - not much options left again. The chef is a fan of eggs or what?
- I needed to leave a package and someone else would come and pick it up during the day. I went to reception and asked if it's possible to leave it with a name of person on it, for whom it was meant. The reception asked for my room number and took the envelope. In the evening, while I was away from the hotel, the person comes to pick up the envelope. The reception sends them to concierge. He can not find the envelope. For some reason, the reception can not find the envelope. Then they contacted me and I confirmed that the envelope has to be there. They go to reception again and ask to find it. Then somehow they find it. Unnecessary unpleasant experience.
To sum up: the hotel looks good, the room looks good, the breakfast is great if you like eggs. I am kind of hoping that I am the only unhappy client. Though this has been my worst hotel experience so far when rating price-quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether looking down from one of the 416 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, or admiring the outlook from either award-winning restaurant, the 4-star deluxe Lancaster London hotel boasts some of the most panoramic views in the city, overlooking the lush green expanse of Hyde Park and many of the capital's famous landmarks. Walking-distance from Oxford Street, adjacent to Lancaster Gate Central Line tube station (providing a fast direct link to the CBD) and just a stone's throw from the Heathrow Express at Paddington, the hotel's location is perfect for all business and leisure visits to London. Renowned for its world-class function space, the Lancaster London's flexible meetings and events facilities can accommodate up to 3,000 guests. The vast Nine Kings and Westbourne Suites have their own dedicated entrances, sound-proofed dividing walls, state-of-the-art AV equipment and retractable Italian chandeliers. The Forest Suite is a collection of 13 contemporary spaces that can cater for smaller meetings and events of up to 200 delegates. Stylishly yet comfortably furnished using natural woods and fabrics, they are individually-designed to be inviting, calm and businesslike. Dining options at the hotel range from 24-hour room service, to traditional Afternoon Tea, to gourmet experiences in one of the highly-regarded restaurants. Inspired by the original Nipa Restaurant in The Landmark Bangkok Hotel, the 55-seat Nipa Thai Restaurant features a teak panelled interior and stunning traditional furnishings and ornaments, crafted in Thailand. Whether you judge it on its mouthwatering cuisine, subtle oriental décor or welcoming ambience, it is one of the most authentic Thai eating experiences in Europe. In contrast, Island Grill is a stylish modern venue featuring a delicious menu of wide-ranging European dishes alongside a varied selection of cocktails and wines to suit every taste and appetite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, TravelClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lancaster London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lancaster London Hotel London
- Royal Lancaster London