“Good enough but a bit overpriced, even for London”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel
Ranked #387 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Houston
“Good enough but a bit overpriced, even for London”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex in June of 2011. The front desk were helpful and friendly. They arranged for overnight shoe polish and these were delivered without problem. The room was of a decent size, though the bathroom was a bit small and the space above the sink was minimal for toiletries. There is free wifi throughout the hotel. I would say that this hotel was good enough, but nothing memorable. I found it a bit overpriced at 250 USD/night. I have stayed in nicer boutique hotels in London for less than that.

Also, apparently, there is a swimming pool, but I wasn't informed about this during my visit. Front desk didn't mention it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback, I do appreciate you taking the time to write us a review about your stay with us at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel. I am glad to hear to you were happy with our services, staff, room size and facilities, I would like also to apologise if the bathroom size was not suitable for your needs.

We always aim to make the stay of our guests memorable and we tend to provide not only good, or great but a fantastic service, but I am sorry if that was not the case for your stay with us, and we are always happy to receive any feedback from our guests for improvements.

There are always offers at our hotel that might catch your interest, you can always check our website for more information, may I recommend to you our "Early Booking Discount" offer, which will allow you to save up to %20 of any future booking that you would make, please check the terms & conditions of that particular offer.

We do have a fitness room in basement of the hotel, but unfortunately we do not have a swimming pool, but you might be interested in our in-room spa which can be arranged with our operator simply by dialling '0' from the room.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is ideally located for anyone wishing to shop in Oxford St. It is very near to Marble Arch tube station and a number of bus routes.

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room but as we were very late arriving we did not get the smoking room that we...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank howling_bibe
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your encouraging feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to write this short, and yet to the point review about your stay with us at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

With Oxford Street on our doorstep, we are indeed in the best location for shopping and theatres and night life of the West End are only a few minutes away.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your request for a smoking room on this occasion but I do hope it will not be long before you book with us again. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can oversee the allocation of your room. Perhaps you will have the opportunity to try some of the wonderful dishes from our "Nova Bar" that offers a selection of British dishes with an oriental twist on your next visit.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback, I look forward to welcoming you again soon. Best Regards.
Conwy
Reviewed 9 February 2012

finding a quiet, comfortable and reasonably priced boutique hotel in London is getting harder and harder as many hoteliers confuse the word "boutique" with small and scruffy.
This hotel is smallish but certainly not scruffy. It has a modern designer style and with very friendly staff. Lucas asked me to give him a special mention as I checked out, but in fairness all the staff were exceptionally polite and helpful. Tucked away in a quiet location a matter of 1 minute's walk from Oxford Street, this nice hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank colyngardner
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on the Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to hear that our hotel facilities were up to your standards.

I am also delighted that you liked our hotel's atmosphere and our modernised décor. I hope that you took advantage of our hotel’s location on your trip to London, as it is just a few steps away from Oxford Street, Hyde Park and other attractions. We are always proud of our staff, and I am glad that they made your stay more hospitable.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London and to welcoming you back to Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel.

I wish you all the best and I hope to see you before the Olympics 2012.

Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel very convenient for everything we wanted to do. A stone's throw from Oxford Street if shopping is your thing. Bedrooms are tiny which is not unusual for London but the bathroom was huge in comparison which was welcome, if a bit weird!
The staff were really helpful and friendly and we would certainly stay there again - especially if they are offering good deals.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which is probably quieter as the front overlooks a service road for the Ox...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Riever
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very glad to hear that our hotel was convenient for your stay, the location is perfect and in fact, it is as you said a stone's throw from Oxford Street, which is one of the advantages that we have as a hotel. Wow, I am very delighted that you were happy with our front office team services, thank you for your recognition, I will make sure that they will be credited for that.

We are glad that you found the bathroom in the room was spacious, please contact me next time before you arrive to make sure that you are allocated in a more comfortable room than what you had.

I leave you with the best wishes in everything, and I look forward to welcome you back at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel, hopefully before the Olympics 2012.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Fantastic location as I was in London for shopping.All staff were kind and helpful.Very clean,and very good breakfast.Only the room was too smal but the bed was really comfortable.
I recommend this hotel for all these reasons and the good price as well.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Elsi T
Gamal S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Sussex Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for participating and giving us a fantastic feedback on the Trip Advisor forum. I am very thankful to you for staying with us, we hope that you have had a lovely stay with us.

I am very delighted to hear that our hotel's location was fantastic & convenient for you, as it is just few steps away from one London's best shopping, sightseeing and entertainment sites. I really appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff at the Sussex Hotel, as we are always there to welcome you at anytime, and make you feel that you are at home.

I am very glad that our service was up to your standards, I will pass your positive comments to the relevant departments. On the other hand, I apologise if the room size was not up to your expectations, but you can contact me personally or anyone of my colleagues at the reception before you arrive at our hotel next time, just to make sure that you will be taken care of and make sure you are in a comfortable room that meets your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Radisson Edwardian Sussex Hotel in your next visit to London.