“Excellent staff and perfectly located”

Mercure London Paddington Hotel
Ranked #494 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 July 2017

I just stayed at the Mercure London Paddington for 10 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. For six of those nights, I had a group with me, and everyone had a very good experience at this hotel.

While the double rooms were a tad small, as other have commented, they were just as advertised on their website and on par with the size of most hotel rooms in Central London. The executive rooms were a bit larger and well-appointed. Most of all, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms and bathrooms very clean. Being next to Paddington Station, one would expect quite a bit of street noise, but I didn't hear much, if any, during my stay.

Especially impressive was the staff. Everyone was very accommodating and willing to help make our stay pleasant. Special thanks to Rupinder at the Reception Desk for all of her hard work! She was wonderful and I really appreciate everything she did to make the group comfortable.

I would say that the only area that needs improvement is the breakfast situation. The continental buffet is very limited, and those with breakfast included are able to order a hot breakfast off of a limited menu. Since the restaurant is open to the public, it was definitely crowded at times, and, one morning, I had to wait about 15 minutes for an open table. The wait staff was very nice, though, and offered me coffee in the hotel lobby while I waited.

Other than that, I recommend this hotel, and, given the opportunity, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the 5th floor and heard no street noise
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Victoria C, Manager at Mercure London Paddington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Your special mention of the team members is wonderful, thank you for sharing your experience.

I am delighted to hear you found the hotel excellent and enjoyed your 10 night stay with us.

We strive to ensure each and every guest has a memorable and pleasurable stay with us, thank you for your wonderful feedback, It is well received by the whole team.

Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,544)

Reviewed 30 June 2017

I came in on the Eurostar and was leaving for an early flight out of Heathrow the next day - I usually stay at the Hilton actually attached to the station but a last minute change of plans ruled the Hilton out as it was booked. The is directly across the street from the Hilton and a 2 minute walk to the Heathrow Express - other than having to walk outside (thankfully no rain) the Mercure was just as convenient.

I arrived in the evening and was quickly checked into the Executive King I booked. The lift was small but I was traveling light. The room itself was small but for London standards was good sized and I was actually surprised at how large the bathroom was. Plenty of outlets and one that could reach the nightstand with a little creativity. Also had a tea kettle and Nespresso machine.

Toiletries in the bathroom included: shampoo (no conditioner but I had 2 bottle of shampoo so I am not sure if that was an error or if they don't include it) shower gel, lotion and bar soap. I am a petite person and the bathroom mirror was so very high - so high that I actually thought about dragging the desk chair over to do my makeup. Also the lighting for makeup was not very good, I noticed in the morning 2 of the three lights over the sink were burned out.

Room is not particularly light proof - it was full daylight around 5am and the room was bright. I had to get up at 5:30 anyway but could be an issue if you wanted to sleep late. Room also had a lot of ambient city noise and vibrated a bit from the trains at the station. They did supply ear plugs but I did not use them.

Not sure if I would base myself here for a longer trip but worked out very well for my overnight.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Your feedback is fantastic, thank you for your 4 star review.

It is a pleasure to hear you found the hotel well located and easily accessible from London Heathrow and the Eurostar.

I am delighted to hear you found the room large and the amenities great. Your feedback on the height of the mirror is very well received.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Stayed once again at mercure paddington.typical mercure hotel,very good and centrally located.bed was good but still thin pillows but same as most hotels.
Staff were very good but housekeeping did not respond to complaint about hairdryer.
Breakfast was at Garfunkels and was good.tea and coffee and biscuits were provided in the rooms
Hotel provided a free smart phone which was an excellent idea and really helpful.also free wifi
Will stay again

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your excellent feedback, I am delighted to hear you found the hotel well positioned and centrally located.

Your comments on the pillows are very well received, we take all guest feedback seriously in order to ensure we are constantly improving our overall experience. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

convenient for the station. Two breakfast options - one an old school Garfunkels, which was rather poor, and another a nicer cafe place in a street close by, which was better, but still let down by service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Your comments on the convenient location is fantastic, thank you for sharing your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed breakfast in London Street Brasserie, our alternative option to breakfast in Garfunkel's. Your feedback on the level of service is very well received.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Nice stay at a nice hotel, booked via day use website. Convenient, very close to the station, nice reception area. Close to a range of eating places.Although was disappointed at how small the room was.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Your comments are fantastic, thank you for your feedback on the convenient location and easy access to public transport. It is a pleasure to hear you found the position of the hotel perfect for exploring and the ease of access to eating places good.

I am delighted to read your four star review, thank you.