2,247 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 December 2012

The location of this hotel is great, with two tube stations just minutes away. In addition, the neighborhood feels safe and the surrounding shops and pubs are wonderful to poke around in.
After reading reviews of this hotel I was rather worried but I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff is incredibly helpful and the reception area looks very nice.
The room we had was huge and rather clean. I have to admit the carpet looked dingy and disgusting so I wore shoes or slippers so as not to touch it, however the bathroom was incredibly clean (I did a thorough inspection because I had heard that it is usually disgusting).
The breakfast was edible and they offer quite an extensive selection of different foods (eggs, sausage, beans, joghurt, diff. breads, marmelade, juice, cereal).
Another plus for this hotel was that I was able to use the luggage room free of charge twice.
Now to the reason I didn't give this hotel a better rating: There was one fault that left me incredibly annoyed: The hot water didn't work. Once I had to take a shower in tepid water, the other time it was just plain cold. While everything else was perfect and suited my needs, a cold shower during winter months just isn't something I get over quite so easily.
However, I believe I would book this hotel again because generally you get what you pay for: a cheap hotel in a good location.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I booked my daughter into this Hotel in March. She was to have a 9 day stay in London before joining an European Contiki tour. I have since read the poor reviews and warned my daughter that it may not be a good hotel. She was very much surprised. From the moment she arrived till she left (9 nights in all) My daughter was treated with kindness, compassion and the staff could not do enough to help her stay in London be a good one. My daughter said the room was clean, the tv worked and the hotel was close to shops and restaurants. It was not noisy and the bed was comfortable. The linen and towels were "as new" Even though she would tell them not to bother cleaning her room, it was done daily. She cannot think of any complaints about the hotel. She was in one of the newly renovated rooms and said the Hotel was gradually getting a full face lift. The breakfast choices were good. The problem with breakfast was that other tourists would not let her sit at their table where there was an empty seat. They would shoo her away and say this table is reserved. She was not used to this type of behaviour and would eat elsewhere if she could not get a seat. I can only think it was this type of rude tourist who have been giving this Hotel bad reviews. My daughter has already recommended this hotel to a few friends that will be travelling to London in the near future. I would also like to personally thank the Staff for assisting my daughter half way through her stay when her medical condition required urgent assistance. If it had not been for their prompt action when requested by us and contacting the para medics, the situation may have been critical. The service given does not reflect a poorly run Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I should have known things were going to be bad as the first impression is a building cladded in scaffolding so we walked past several times. The Hotel was clean which is the only good thing i can say. We arrived late and went straight to our quad room and what were amazed to find 4 single put up beds with mattresses covered in plastic. We were informed breakfast started at 8am on Saturday and had to wait outside the restaurant along with half the other guests. Breakfast was what can only be described as a self service chaotic cafe. My advice to anyone wishing to stay here would be to spend a bit more and book elsewhere to avoid being disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jason D
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I looked for a cheap hotel to stay but with as good location as possible. This was the first reason to select this hotel. I was not disappointed. The underground is near, a couple of pubs nearby, plenty of restaurants in a walking distance and the most important thing - the region felt safe.

I checked the hotel photos online beforehand. Those are a bit misleading of the general interior and its quality. The interior really is rather outdated and the sofas in the lobby are perhaps the worse that should be changed today or fixed somehow. However, who comes to London to stay in the lobby so this is not a major worry.

With some simple changes inside, this hotel would be so much better.

No complaints about the cleanliness. I spent last vacation in a hotel with 5 stars according to their grades and it had cockroaches running all over the hallways and one big one in our room. In Bayswater, none.

Mattress was quite bad, i had to soften it with the other covet (had a twin-room). Pillows ok, covets ok.

I have nothing to complain about the staff. They did what they were supposed to do, but just nothing extra. I guess that is quite good evaluation of the whole hotel. Nothing extra, but bearable. Would not give 3 stars, perhaps 2 stars would be more correct before they make some improvements. Because of the location, i could go again with the price we had the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask not to have the rooms that are in the basement. We had those and it was not as bad as i thought but still rather poor as people can literally walk on the street and see in the room. Luckily, the street and the Princess square are surprisingly silent. Take the earplugs with you, if you cannot sleep easily or another hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Type: twin
I know this is quite lengthy but describes at best my experience so here is first an abstract.
Cleanliness: Okay – Good (7/10)
Comfort: bad (because of the mattress and tiny pillows) (2/10)
Morning staff: rather rude (3/10)
Evening staff: (8/10)
Facilities (inc. Internet): 3/10 (Paid for,low coverage, get disconnected often if not close the reception)
Price: Good for a last minute
OVERALL: Bad maybe terrible 2/10
Would I return: Definite No, unless there is no other choice.
Recommend: Not, But it might get miraculously a bit better after the renovation, if they focus on improving the customer experience and not on using the shinier front to increase the price only.

DESCRIPTION:
I have had the the chance of trying many different hotels around London and across Europe, my usual is 3 to 4 stars, sometimes 5. In the last 48h I have tried two hotels the Reem next door which I will review later, and the BayswaterInn in Notting Hill, close to Bayswater tube station.
I will make bullet points to make it easy to read: Please do keep in mind that I have taken voluntarily 12h of break in order to cool off and not sound too “anti” this hotel. But then again this is one’s unfortunate experience, it could hopefully be much better for somebody else.
Pro Bayswater Inn:
-Price: (for 9 nights) paid around 70ish/night for a twin room including breakfast booked on the same day of check-in.
-Location: Notting hill, Bayswater
-The hotel and some of the rooms are quite spacious which is always good.
-The reception looks more or less nice while entering the hotel.
-The in-room kettle was very clean which is actually rarer for hotels using old kettles than someone would think and it can tell how well the rooms are cleaned and managed.
-The gentleman working at night in the reception is polite and friendly.
Cons: (Deep breath)
-Please have a look at the pictures first: The hotel is under renovations which were not mentioned except with a little A4 paper on the front desk, then again well… it’s a bit late the reservation doesn’t allow to cancel less than 24h before the check-in.
- The staff is quite unfriendly, and rude (only morning one so far), The feeling is simple to describe: the gentleman is bored and doesn’t like his job and doesn’t care much about what is happening around. I asked upon arrival to look at the rooms briefly I was replied word for word : “Go, sit down over there”, I looked confused while a colleague of his came closer to talk to him and got a second reminder “I told you to go have a seat I will check if you can see the room” while turning around. (I could be reading too much into it).
-Internet: I am currently writing the review from the reception as the charged “in-room WIFI internet” does not reach all the rooms. Yes I got the jackpot, on the edge of the coverage and nobody can blame my gaming-laptop it has an excellent receiver.
-Back to the renovation: We were given a room on the ground floor that was facing the builders working there, and were assured by the receptionist that the job that was being carried was not noisy, painting and all. As you can see from some of the pictures this is not the case, they were breaking some bits of the walls and replacing/fixing parts of the front façade.
To enumerate others: The windows don’t seal properly, and are not double glazed which make the room a little noisy and cold but it is not unbearable so far, however the central heater is kept on low so the room cannot be warmed up to counted the window issue. The mattresses go in very deeply and the rest of the furniture is some of the cheapest out there but that again beside the mattresses it doesn’t really matter.
As a summary:
I do hope this review ends up being useful, I am genuinely disappointed with the experience but would not go as far as telling you not to try your luck, and if you do, I hope you get a much better experience and remember: enjoy your stay in London, you’re not there only for the hotel.

To end it well here is the funny part: I still got more than a week to spend here... it's funny cuz it's true.. :(

Room Tip: Apparently, some of the rooms have new furniture like the one I had, Though it is still not comfortable, if it is too late and you have booked and paid, ask for a newer room if available. Else try another hotel next door.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family