The Rembrandt
  • Room Service
Parkes Hotel(London)
My Chelsea(London)
2,909 results
All reviewsvictoria and albert museumsouth kensington tube stationgrand roomwhirlpool bathbritish airwaysthe natural history museumhealth clubexcellent locationshort walkfull english breakfastexecutive roombreakfast was includedpiccadilly linelovely hotelbuffet stylemini barearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Unfortunately it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Right from the start everything was wrong. When we entered the front receptionist was on the phone. She did not register us although I am sure she saw us. She kept the phone after a good few minutes and then without a smile addressed us. No warmth, no welcome. Our room was not ready and I understand we were early. They allowed us to use the spa area to change. This was perhaps the only helpful thing from the staff. The room did not deserve to be 2 star, I am surprised who labelled them 4 star. Poor carpet quality, uncomfortable and tiniest sized beds, pillows and not upto the standard bathrooms. Poor sound insulation - very creaky. Big gap under the door. Took me a long time to find find a kettle in the room. We asked for directions on 3 occasions and everytime they gave us wrong directions and for everything you asked, they expected you to tip you, or at least this is how it seemed.
The worst £210 I have ever spent.

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank ijeeva
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Stayed for 1 night, perfect location very close to all the museums, Harrods, The Royal Albert Hall and just minutes away from the tube station.

The room was clean and had everything to make our stay perfect, although the mini bar was a bit pricey so we left it alone. The bed was very comfy and we had lots of storage space in the room. The bathroom was well sized and worked perfectly.

My only criticism was that the restaurant was poorly set up, the tables were too close together meaning you were either in the person who was sat next to you's way or constantly being pushed past by the staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I was worried before I got there, but it was great. Full breakfast every morning, the room was comfy and a nice bathroom, too. Right across from the Victoria and Albert and right on the bus line. A FABULOUS location. I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 19 September 2010

This hotel is over-crowded with tourists from all over the world. The staff are all foreigners and many hardly speak English. Breakfast is good, but do not try dinner. My valuable pearl earrings which cost $450 were stolen from my toiletries bag in the bathroom. The hotel manageress denied that the theft happened, did not make an investigation and did not report it to the police. Small safes are supplied in the room, on the floor, and difficult to operate, so keep your valuables in your numerically-locked suitcases at all times. - that includes cell-phones, i-pods, calculators, passports, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Sarovahotels, Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

Unfortunately this allegation of theft was not bought to the hotels attention until six weeks after the guest had departed. Due to the long delay we could only advise the guest to contact the police directly to report the matter as they will not deal with us on such issues after such a period. We are sorry that Janellicott was unable to use the in room safes provided which are floor mounted so that they may be bolted down for added security.

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Stayed here every year for the last 12 yeays, rarely had any problems.
Dealt with very professionally. Rooms are always of a good standard, not cheap but this is in the centre of London, an excellent location. If we weren't happy here we wouldn't keep going back. Some very good restaurants nearby, especially the Thai and organic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business