“A Perfect Hotel Experience”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #227 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We arrived at 8 am, cranky and tired after flying for 7 hours from the US. I asked if we could get into a really quiet room immediately. We were upgraded to an executive suite overlooking the ugly - but very very quiet inner courtyard (room 332). The extra cost - 20 pounds per night! I would have paid double for such a quiet room. This hotel has everything - the full English breakfast was delicious. The fish and chips served in the bar were the best we had while in London. We visited the Victoria and Albert Museum three times because it is right across the street and free. A Yellow/Green/purple line tube station is a five minute walk. Harrods is a 10 minute walk. There are shops, stores and tons of restaurants scattered throughout the neighborhood which is safe after dark. The hotel is located on a major intersection while made it easy for tour buses to drop us at the end of a very long day. The king bed was extremely comfortable, the towel warmer a real treat and the AC really exceeded our expectations. Topping off our perfect hotel experience were the wonderful staff - always there with a ready smile and a helping hand.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the inner courtyard. Room 332 is perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pjbDc
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear pjbDc

WOW, thank you for such a lovely review. I am delighted that we provided the "perfect" hotel experience and a comfortable base for your London vacation. We can never guarantee early check-in, but we strive to comply with our guests special requests, I am pleased we were able to accommodate you quickly and offer an upgrade. Like you, we love our location; in the museums quarter, close to Harrods, Hyde Park and Kensington Palace - there is plenty to see and do. Our local area is one of the safest in London and guests like to explore and visit the neighbourhood restaurants, bars and cafes. We also benefit from great transportation links to the rest of the capital as we are in between two underground stations ( which are serviced by the Circle/District and Piccadilly lines) we are on 24hr bus routes into the West End, in addition we are also on the Hop On Hop Off Bus Routes. I am thrilled that all aspects of your stay met of exceeded your expectations and that after a long day the team were ready with a smile and helping hand. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip, please come back soon!

Customer Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,864)

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Another lovely visit to the Rembrandt Hotel in London. We were greeted by a very pleasant member of reception given our room keys and our bags were brought to our Club Room for us. A lovely room giant bed with all amenities and my husband really enjoyed the Nespresso Coffee machine. As always breakfast was delicious as were the cocktails every night before bed. A great location and always a delight to stay there. Will be back next year

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Gillian P

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt, again, and for awarding us your top score! I hope you are members of Sarova Select, our loyalty programme, so that you can benefit from internal discounts. I am delighted you had another lovely visit. I am pleased that once again, you enjoyed the comfort and extra space provided in your Club Room and that you found this well appointed, with a giant bed, and that you used and appreciated the Nespresso Coffee Machine. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our extensive buffet breakfast and indulged in a few cocktails every night before bed! We want all of our guests to have a positive experience and to wish to return, so I am over the moon that you have already decided to return again next. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Many Wimbledons in Kensington/South Kensington but this year was my first at The Rembrandt. Location is super, especially for the price...a few steps from museums, a few blocks one way to the SKens tube, a few the other way to Harrods, good restaurants in all directions. Nothing fancy but everything was fine. Did not try the bar or restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear nagled

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your stay in June in connection with Wimbledon 2017. Like you, we love our location directly opposite the V&A, close to Harrods and Hyde Park, plus we are also in between South Kensington and Knightsbridge underground stations. We are extremely lucky that our local area boasts a multitude of restaurants, bars and cafes which cater to all tastes and budgets through to Michelin starred. I am pleased that after many years you have finally discovered us, I hope that you will consider returning for next years tournament.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I have stayed at the Rembrandt Hotel several times, but never reviewed it earlier. In my opinion it is probably the best 4+ Star property in/close to Central London.
My visits to London are primarily for leisure.

The location is ideal for me. The Hotel is a short walk to Hyde Park, and for those who enjoy walking, Mayfair may be reached on foot through the Park.
It is probably a 3 mins walk to Harrods and the Hotel has scores of fantastic restaurants around it. My favourite being Goodearth (Chinese), Maroush (Lebanese) and Orsini.

The Hotel has an indoor pool and a small but adequately equipped fitness centre/Gym.

The Bar was well stocked and the Breakfast hearty. There is usually a short waiting for Breakfast seating. But then all my visits have been in the Summer.

The rooms was exceptionally clean. During my last visit I was in 651, which was fairly large and very well lit naturally.

The concierge were fantastic, in particular Pablo.

I will always return.

Room Tip: High rooms on the rear side.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Delhione

Thank you for your detailed and positive review, I am thrilled that you are a regular guest and that you describe us as "fantastic". I hope that you are a member of our loyalty programme, Sarova Select, so that you can benefit from promotional rates and internal discounts. I am delighted that we consistently provide comfortable, well appointed accommodation that is spotlessly clean. I am pleased that you use and enjoy Aquilla Health & Fitness and that you like our extensive buffet breakfast. Like you we love our location in the museum quarter, close to Harrods and Hyde Park. We also benefit from great transportation links to the rest of the capital as well as having an abundance of excellent restaurants on our doorstep! We want all of our guests
to have a positive experience and to wish to return, so I am thrilled that you feel the same. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. Please Come Back Soon!!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed in September 2017 for 1 night for business. I was pretty disappointed with the hotel. It is in a great location so it is a shame the details you might expect in such a prime spot are not there. The check-in was really slowly - loads of concierge staff standing around chatting but just one check in person who seemed intent on dragging out the time taken to check in the previous guest. Would've been nice for someone else to have been called or to have been acknowledged, particularly in such a big hotel. There are elements of the hotel that are a bit shabby, and others that are quite decent. I booked an executive room thinking it would be a treat, but it was tiny and the only apparent difference i can see from the website is that you get a dressing gown! There was a really musty damp smell in the room, but fortunately the windows opened - pretty unpleasant welcome. Rubbish mattress and a really squeaky bed topped off a very non 4 star experience. I decided to have breakfast in my room - good range of options and i'm sure it would have been a great breakfast - except that it never arrived! The check out was equally frustrating and slow unfortunately - i gave up checking out the first time and then came back and had to wait ages.
The conference facilities are pretty good, restaurant coped well with a large group - though there were quite a few technical issues with microphones etc.
All in all i would not really recommend this place - odd smells, missed breakfasts and poor service sum it up.

Room Tip: ask for one with a walk in shower or a big room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Markandnige

Thank you for your extremely detailed review of the hotel, although I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that so many elements of your stay well below, our usually high standards. Belatedly, I can only apologise that your check-in and check-out experience was so poor and protracted, this is unusual as the team are used to dealing with a high volume of guests. The hotel does have a refurbishment programme in place, this includes bedrooms and public areas. If a guest is unhappy with the bedroom allocated to them, we urge them to immediately bring this to our attention, so that we can offer an alternative. I am confident the team would have done their best to show you an alternative Executive bedroom. I am pleased that you thought our Conference facilities were good and that you enjoyed the large group lunch, although I am sorry that you experienced some technical issues. Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, I am sorry that you would not recommend us.