“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of The Rembrandt

The Rembrandt
Ranked #225 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 September 2017

I have stayed at the Rembrandt Hotel several times, but never reviewed it earlier. In my opinion it is probably the best 4+ Star property in/close to Central London.
My visits to London are primarily for leisure.

The location is ideal for me. The Hotel is a short walk to Hyde Park, and for those who enjoy walking, Mayfair may be reached on foot through the Park.
It is probably a 3 mins walk to Harrods and the Hotel has scores of fantastic restaurants around it. My favourite being Goodearth (Chinese), Maroush (Lebanese) and Orsini.

The Hotel has an indoor pool and a small but adequately equipped fitness centre/Gym.

The Bar was well stocked and the Breakfast hearty. There is usually a short waiting for Breakfast seating. But then all my visits have been in the Summer.

The rooms was exceptionally clean. During my last visit I was in 651, which was fairly large and very well lit naturally.

The concierge were fantastic, in particular Pablo.

I will always return.

Room Tip: High rooms on the rear side.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Delhione

Thank you for your detailed and positive review, I am thrilled that you are a regular guest and that you describe us as "fantastic". I hope that you are a member of our loyalty programme, Sarova Select, so that you can benefit from promotional rates and internal discounts. I am delighted that we consistently provide comfortable, well appointed accommodation that is spotlessly clean. I am pleased that you use and enjoy Aquilla Health & Fitness and that you like our extensive buffet breakfast. Like you we love our location in the museum quarter, close to Harrods and Hyde Park. We also benefit from great transportation links to the rest of the capital as well as having an abundance of excellent restaurants on our doorstep! We want all of our guests
to have a positive experience and to wish to return, so I am thrilled that you feel the same. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip. Please Come Back Soon!!

Customer Service Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,790)

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I stayed in September 2017 for 1 night for business. I was pretty disappointed with the hotel. It is in a great location so it is a shame the details you might expect in such a prime spot are not there. The check-in was really slowly - loads of concierge staff standing around chatting but just one check in person who seemed intent on dragging out the time taken to check in the previous guest. Would've been nice for someone else to have been called or to have been acknowledged, particularly in such a big hotel. There are elements of the hotel that are a bit shabby, and others that are quite decent. I booked an executive room thinking it would be a treat, but it was tiny and the only apparent difference i can see from the website is that you get a dressing gown! There was a really musty damp smell in the room, but fortunately the windows opened - pretty unpleasant welcome. Rubbish mattress and a really squeaky bed topped off a very non 4 star experience. I decided to have breakfast in my room - good range of options and i'm sure it would have been a great breakfast - except that it never arrived! The check out was equally frustrating and slow unfortunately - i gave up checking out the first time and then came back and had to wait ages.
The conference facilities are pretty good, restaurant coped well with a large group - though there were quite a few technical issues with microphones etc.
All in all i would not really recommend this place - odd smells, missed breakfasts and poor service sum it up.

Room Tip: ask for one with a walk in shower or a big room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Markandnige

Thank you for your extremely detailed review of the hotel, although I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. I am sorry that so many elements of your stay well below, our usually high standards. Belatedly, I can only apologise that your check-in and check-out experience was so poor and protracted, this is unusual as the team are used to dealing with a high volume of guests. The hotel does have a refurbishment programme in place, this includes bedrooms and public areas. If a guest is unhappy with the bedroom allocated to them, we urge them to immediately bring this to our attention, so that we can offer an alternative. I am confident the team would have done their best to show you an alternative Executive bedroom. I am pleased that you thought our Conference facilities were good and that you enjoyed the large group lunch, although I am sorry that you experienced some technical issues. Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, I am sorry that you would not recommend us.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Had to ask several times for someone to come check our TV...no slippers, or complimentary water. Had to ask for our coffee cups to be cleaned the next day AFTER we sued them.
The breakfast is exceedingly poor. Given the clientele at the hotel when we stayed too...asian/middle eastern. What is on offer?...just basic full english, with a small salad bar and cereals out of a 1 x serving size box??!! I had a better breakfast as the Holiday Inn express....and this is supposed to be a quality 4 star hotel?! Very very poor breakfast indeed...
Went to book a pilates lesson in the fitness centre...which was listed....but they couldn't get a teacher??...so why list it as a booking on offer? The pool is no bigger than my bath tub too...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank john_lol

Dear john_lol

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, following your stay in August, although I am disappointed that your experience was well below our usually high standards. It is most unusual for us to fail on so many levels. Unfortunately, mistakes can occasionally happen, however, your experience seems to be a catalogue of errors/shortfalls. The hotel was independently inspected earlier this year and we have retained, our four star rating. Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We have visited London on numerous occasions. The Rembrandt was perfect for us, based on location. As always, I read Trip Advisor reviews, the good and bad.....

After booking rooms on 'DEAL websites' I have learned my lesson...I received disappointing rooms EVERYTIME....

This time, I reserved our rooms on the Rembrandt-Sarova website, requesting refurbished rooms in a quiet location. I also chose the executive (middle category). The Sarova room prices were slightly higher than DEAL websites. This was fine with us to make sure we got refurbished and better rooms. The rooms were very clean. Big bonus: this hotel has air conditioning....a 'must' in London during the summer months.

All of the employees had a smile on their faces, always. They were friendly, kind and always willing to please. From the front desk to bellmen, maids, to breakfast room staff, everyone deserves recognition and certainly made our stay so pleasurable.

The concierges were fabulous. Pablo German, saved our last day, solving a glitch with a car rental reservation. Thanks to his hard work, our visit to Hampton Court and Windsor Castle was possible.

V&A Museum across the street. Buses, including Hop on Hop Off, outside the front door. South Kensington tube station and numerous restaurants a few blocks away. Lots of shopping nearby. It was all positive for us.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Meade66
SarovaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Rembrandt, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Meade66

Thank you for your extremely detailed and informative review of The Rembrandt. I am thrilled that we are your new London Hotel and provided the perfect base for your August vacation. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Executive accommodation and found the room clean and well appointed. I am pleased that we were able to comply with all of your special requests. I am over the moon that the team helped make your stay so pleasurable and that everyone was smiling, friendly and helpful. I will ensure that your kind feedback regarding Pablo is shared with him and his Departmental Manager. Pablo is a long serving member of the Concierge team and is certainly an asset to the hotel. We believe that our neighbourhood offers something for everyone; world famous museums and shopping, an abundance or restaurants, bars and cafes plus great transportation links, I am thrilled that everything was perfect for your stay. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

June 2017: We had a double room facing the back of the hotel. No problems whatsoever. Very quiet. Nice staff. Across from the Victoria and Albert Museum, about three blocks from a strip of restaurants and the South Kensington Tube stop. Very convenient. Restaurants all around. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bazilu25

Dear Bazilu25

Thank you for reviewing The Rembrandt following your stay in June. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and particularly appreciated our location. We are directly opposite the V&A, while being a short walk to the Science and Natural History Museums, Harrods and Hyde Park. Our neighbourhood also benefits from great communication links to the rest of the capital as well as having an abundance of restaurants, bars and cafes, which cater to all culinary tastes and budgets. I am pleased that we provided clean, quiet accommodation and that you found the team nice and friendly. Personal recommendations are always gratefully received, thank you, I do hope that we will now be your London Hotel of choice? We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.