London Marriott Hotel Kensington
Hotel Moonlight(London)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
1,678 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecromwell roadearl's courtthe natural history museumvictoria and albert museumpiccadilly lineminute walkjunior suiteconcierge desktube stationheathrow airportconvenient locationlocation is excellentkensingtonharrodsatriumsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My family and I have stopped in many Marriott hotels before and have always found them above average or of excellent service. Not so for the Kensington Marriott. I booked two rooms for my family and I back in October 2011 for Fri 20th April-Sun 22nd April 2012 part paying with Tesco reward vouchers. My mother and father were in one standard double and the other for my husband,my daughter and myself. When booking back in October, I told Marriott central reservations that my 12 year old daughter would be staying with us and he said that it would be no problem as a rollaway bed would be provided (as this had been the case with every other room that we have booked with Marriott previously) or a 2nd double bed in the room. Upon arrival the check-in duty manager had no confirmation of this and was totally unaware that our daughter was even staying with us! He pretty much told us that that they do not provide rollaway beds at the Marriott Kensington as the rooms are too small and that we should have booked a room with two doubles in! Ridiculous that we were not informed of this when I did the original booking as I would have been aware. He said that central reservations are aware of the facilities at all their hotels. So it was my fault then?! I got the distinct impression that he thought I was making it up. It actually had rollaway bed requested on the booking confirmation! If this was the case there should have been a facility on the booking system that would not allow this to happen with this particular hotel. I was informed that he could give us a room with two doubles in for that night only,not to unpack anything so concierge could move our bags as we would have to move to our original room the following night and they would get a bed in or a sofa bed in for us. Hello? Could thay have not done that in the first place!! They had seven months in which to have sorted this out between booking and arrival. You would have thought that someone would have asked the question why I had asked for a rollaway bed when it was just my husband and I in one room! We had to wait in reception for half an hour at 8pm whilst they sourced another room. It spoilt the whole experience for my family and I as we could not relax in the hotel which we had been looking forward to our visit to London for many months, knowing we could not unpack our belongings.The duty manager didn't even apologise for the inconvenience of it all and we didn't really enjoy the Saturday in London as we worried that we wouldn't have a room at all upon arriving back to the hotel on the evening. The 2nd night we had a terrible night's sleep in room 30 as it is shoved at the end and you can hear the tube or train going by every few minutes..take your ear plugs! It is not a cheap hotel either, as many four stars are not cheap in London, so to be treated almost lilke a 2nd class citizen when you are paying part Tesco rewards is unacceptable at £191.40 per room per night and we will not be in any hurry to book again! It left us all with a nasty taste in our mouths. There needs to be better communication with reservations and the hotel Marriott kensington and a more polite approach from Basiat on reception!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
3  Thank ju04poo
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here on business last weekend. Arrival and check-in very nice, beautiful room with all the amenities you'd need. restaurant was quite slow with the food but the portion sizes were very surprising for a hotel of this standard and the quality was very good too. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice too. Overall experience of this hotel was positive.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TheTraveller147
Reviewed 15 April 2012

My daughter and I spent 9 days at the Kensington Marriott while visiting another daughter who is studying in London. This was my first time traveling outside of the US and I was very worried about how the trip would go. The front desk staff was very helpful and answered all of my questions - no matter how silly they were! We loved the hotel as it is close to the Gloucester Road tube stop, and there is a grocery store right across the street! A variety of shops, pubs and restaurants are all within walking distance. Also within walking distance are the beautiful parks of London! The front desk staff was very helpful and even offered to upgrade our room as there were spaces available. I would definitely stay there again if I'm ever lucky enough to get to go back to London!

2  Thank MNMom3
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights April 5th 2012. We had a lovely room very quiet it was 119 pounds per night and it included a full english breakfast for 2 people daily that alone was 17 pounds each person so 34 pounds a day value. The only thing is its not near anything at all. Its about a 8 min brisk walk to any subway or a 8 pound taxi ride to Harrods for example. But the hotel was really more like 225 pounds per room in London, it was very nice and I travel allot.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room but i think they all are. We always make sure to stay far from an elevator that way the late night people dont disturb you
1  Thank janisc
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel is very clean and comfortable, although the hotel itself could you a makeover. The beds were very comfotable with quality linens. This hotel is far from the tourist areas, so you will need to take the tube or bus or taxi everywhere. When I checked in, they tried to sell us a breakfast package for 35 GBP a day (for 2 people). WAYYYYY to pricey considering a restaurant down the street will sell you the same meal for 14 GBP (for 2 people). If you want people to stay and spend at your hotel, then have competitive rates. If you are here for a convention at the convention center, then this is the hotel for you! Very close to the center! Overall, I think we over payed for our stay as sightseeing tourists. If you are looking to sightsee, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple