2,250 results
All reviewsborough marketprivilege roomglobe theatresouth banksouthwark tubetate modernnespresso machinest paulscovent gardenminute walkmini barreception areareception deskjubilee linesuperior roomlondon eyeshort stay
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Room and the whole floor have strong chemical smell. I had to change hotel. Room size and amenities are very basic for what you pay. You can get better room amenities for the same rate with other hotels. And service is not that helpful nor friendly.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
BPanisseGM, General Manager at Mercure London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I am sorry to know that you are not satisfied with your stay and the hotel did not match your expectations.

However, we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We paid 330 for two nights. For that kind of money I expected more. The glass shelves where teacups and glasses were stored was dusty the whole weekend- leading me to think this gets dusted maybe once a week. If you’re going to store cups upside down on here, it should be cleaned. We did use these, but washed them well before use which frankly should not have felt compelled to do.
We reported that our sink wasn’t draining when we arrived. Nothing happened. We reported it a second time and whoever ‘worked’ on it simply removed the plug?
We broke a glass that we brought up from the hotel bar- sorry about that- however I found a huge shard of glass on the floor in a completely different area of the room. My partner or I could have very easily stepped on this. When one cleans up broken glass they need to be way more careful than this.
We also noticed the usual desk was never wiped down for the whole weekend and had rings from where our mugs had been set down the first evening.

Overall the staff was medium-warm, seeming a bit preoccupied with whatever was on their laptops every time we spoke to them. The bar/lounge is nice and cozy and I could see having a small meeting here with clients or staff. This was a personal trip so really we wanted just a clean bloody room but the hotel fell short of this.

Overall, must try harder.

Room Tip: Overpriced for what you end up with.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your feedback..

I am sorry to hear that the service you received did not match your expectations. Rest assured that I will address the points that you raised with the Housekeeping Manager.

However, I am delighted to know that you liked the look and feel of the hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I've always really liked the Mercure brand as I find it's a nice change from the usual Novotel. My boyfriend and I stayed over 2 nights, B&B, and we were not disappointed. The room was large enough for 2, clean and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable and we slept very well (if there's just one thing I would change, it's the pillows. I found them a bit hard, but it was a detail).
Breakfast was a lovely surprise. Much more varied than your usual Accor buffet breakfast, with many different juices, fruits, cereals etc.
I had a nice chat with a lovely lady at reception (unfortunately I did not ask for her name, but she was Portuguese), and I thought all the staff were very professional and helpful.
Oh and of course, location is great: use Southwark or London Bridge for the Jubilee line, London Bridge for trains and Northern line. If you're coming during the Summer, don't miss the pop up bar at More London, with a great view on the Tower Bridge. It's just a short walk away :)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so so much for this wonderful feedback. I thank you for your words of praise as we genuinely love to pamper all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Have just spent a night at this hotel.In my opinion very overpriced for what it is. I understand it’s central London and the location is great but for one night with breakfast just over £200. When we checked in the reception told us we had been upgraded, incorrect we got the room we had booked standard room queen bed. If your telling me I’ve been upgraded let me see the difference. We went straight out after check in and not back till late so didn’t use any facilities. Had breakfast Sunday morning not great very crammed in to seating area and breakfast very average. Scrambled eggs didn’t taste of anything any Luke warm, yes a lot of selection but only one toaster. All in all not great in my opinion had stayed in London for less and better.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am sorry to know that our hotel did not match your expectation; I am pleased however to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel.

Sincerely

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I work in the London Bridge area when I am in London and had been searching for a straight forward mid to good level hotel that I could walk to work from. Invariable work has put me into hotels that required a trip on the underground, however since findingbthis hotel it is my first choice.

It’s a normal, standard, business hotel thatbis in Southwark (not London Bridge). The food is above standard whilst not being silly. It is opposite a couple of good bars and is a 5 minute walk from Borough market if you want livelier. The staff are well trained and helpful. All in all a very unfussy hotel that manages to cover all normal requirements

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisdPt

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent feedback. i am happy to hear that we are your first choice hotel in London.
We look forward to welcoming you back with our undivided attention.

Kind regards