“The ultimate city hotel”
Review of The Marylebone

The Marylebone
Ranked #55 of 1,064 Hotels in London
“The ultimate city hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Sic, cool, cozy, stylish and well served at the same time. If you don't mind smaller rooms and long winding (albeit stylish) corridors, but you like central location, friendly staff, a great bar and a perfect lounge for informal business meetings then go for it. This hotel offers the best of original design, optimal service, friendly staff and great location. The proof of how smaller brands can do great.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have interesting non-standard layout
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Marylebone Hotel.

Wow, a wonderful review, I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us so much. Our design team spends an incredible amount of time on the smallest detail and every aspect of our rooms and public spaces have been created with a specific mood and feel in mind. I will most certainly pass on your kind comments.

I am so pleased that you will return, thank you again for writing a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

My husband booked hotel for my 50th birthday and I wasn't disappointed. The staff at reception on arrival were very friendly and had noted it was my birthday from when my husband had called. Bubbly and a lovely cake were awaiting in our room care of the hotel and both delicious! The deluxe room was spacious, very comfortable and location of hotel perfect for all central London attractions. All the staff had a genuine keenness and enthusiasm to look after us including little touches like giving us a bottle of water for venturing out each day. The artwork displayed around the hotel was varied and an interesting and welcome difference to the normal boring hotel decor at comparative 4star hotels. A great experience and great value for money.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie W
Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your birthday stay at the Marylebone Hotel, we know how important these occasions are and always do our very best to make it as special as possible for our guests. It is indeed the small touches that make a difference and I am really pleased you noticed and enjoyed the water on departure and turndown amenities. The Hotel is currently working with a local Art Gallery to display their latest exhibitions and we have had some great feedback from our guests. The artwork will also change every 12 weeks to keep it interesting and new.

chipping campden
Reviewed 15 May 2012

In haste now but I recommend this hotel. Its a great location, facilities are great, it was fantastically clean and very naturally friendly. I will stay again when Im in london.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sarahldillon
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you found us to be naturally friendly, which is ever so important in any guest experience. I am really pleased that you will return to us and please ask for me when you next arrive, it would be wonderful to meet you in person.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

Cork
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at The Marylebone last weekend(12th May) and had a superb experience. The levels of customer service are truly 5***** and tjis is primarily driven by hotel staff who really care about the customer.
The location is close to all the great London landmarks. I stayed in a suite which had lovely contemporary decor and it was big enough to accomodate my two kids(4 & 6yrs) as well. I will definitely be back !!

Room Tip: Check out the promotions & offers on the website. The 'Suite Tempation' offers 3 night...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am over the moon after reading your wonderful review of us; it is incredibly motivating for us as a team when our guests have a brilliant stay and particularly mention the service they experienced from our staff. We firmly believe it is down to our team to make our guests’ experiences memorable and special and ultimately differentiate us from our competition.

I am so pleased that you will return, thank again for writing a review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2012

As I started to pull my suitcase out of a taxi, the doorman of The Marylebone Hotel jogged up - from the hotel's entrance several car lengths from where the taxi had stopped - welcomed me to the hotel and told me he would handle my suitcase. That's probably one of the best welcomes I've experienced in all my recent travels. At reception, I got an equally warm welcome, a lovely explanation of the amenities of the hotel and a surprise room category upgrade. And once in my room, the receptionist called to check that I was happy with my room or if I had any questions.

The room itself was a nice size and very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit small, but nicely appointed. I appreciated having reasonably sized toiletries provided in the shower rather than the usual teeny tiny bottles of shampoo and shower gel that most hotels provide.

I didn't have any view to speak of, but I didn't mind that the room was located at the back side of the hotel, as I imagine there might otherwise have been some street noise coming from Welbeck Street. And like most have mentioned, the central location makes this a great spot from which to explore London or to get to Paddington Station if you need easy access to the Heathrow Express train (as I did).

I would stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ammts28
TheMaryleboneHotel, Manager at The Marylebone, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your review, particularly your arrival and the welcome you received from our concierge and reception teams. We firmly believe that a genuine welcome, and of course farewell, is key to ensuring our guests settle in comfortably and also leave us with only fond memories and it is incredibly motivating when we receive positive comments such as yours. I will most certainly be sharing your feedback with our team and I know they will be as thrilled as I am to hear of your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marylebone Hotel; please ask for me when you are next with us as it would be fantastic to meet you in person.