“He puts the CON in CONCIERGE.”
Review of Central Park Hotel

Central Park Hotel
Ranked #872 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We were not able to get our usual London hotel for 5 days, but this was in the same area and they had a 3-person room available for these five days. Now I see why. Good location, comfortable beds, affordable. But otherwise, very cold atmosphere, poor customer service, very galling Gallic-shrugging concierge in the afternoon/evening. The staff seem to pretend they don't speak English, though they are in the heart of the English-speaking world! Tried to get help with theater tickets and, eventually, concierge deigned to toss (honestly!) a brochure at me. My 23 yr old son was aghast, and I was literally speechless. The room was tiny with paper-thin walls. I'd suggest staying on an upper floor for quiet if you must stay here, but then again: the elevators were often out of service. No concern of the concierge, of course. Good riddance.

Room Tip: Any other hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank runnerjeff
Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed 3 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed there for one day. Had to say the worst three star I have ever stayed in .
1. cold welcoming.( it seemed like , look another number .lets book in and get our money )
2. Noisy room . walls seems to be too thin because I could hear the people in the room next tous, speaking in the middle of the night & watching tv. Tried to change the room. No help.
3. The staff were shouting in the lobby in the morning . Told the red head three times to calm down but apparently she is doing her work with a walkie talkie.
4. Breakfast was a joke. Had to upgrade and pay ten pounds for a decent one.
5. I don't recommend this hotel at all.
6. The only good thing was central location.

Room Tip: please not this one :http://www.centralparklondon.co.uk/
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bluemoony2
Reviewed 31 March 2012

The location is excellent! That I cannot argue with. Very near the Queensway Tube Station for the Central and Circle Lines. The bus stop is just in the corner which I advise everyone who is going to Oxford Circus to just take the 390 bus as it is easier than the tube. Otherwise, the hotel needs a polishing in customer service. I have two seperate bookings as I was only planning to stay one night, but decided to add another night. The most irritating part of all this is that I have to check in for the first night, and check out, then check in again for the 2nd night. They do not have Customer Service at all! As in! Since they told me that the first night was a single room and the 2nd night I booked a twin room because my aunt will be joining me on the 2nd night, they cannot give me a complimentary upgrade to a twin room on the first night so that I do not have to pack all my stuff again and check out and check in for the 2nd night! RIDICULOUS!!!!! No one can make a decision, no consideration, no NOTHING!

Then, when I checked in for the 2nd night, they need a copy of my passport again. What utter bullocks! They are using OPERA for their front office, so my profile could have been there already , saved and yet I still have to give a copy of my passport, fill in the forms for my address, telephone number, nationality. It is sooooo damn consuming that it was so irritating and the poor girl in the reception has to take my grunt! Well, the managers are nowhere in sight! Too much paperwork that they forget the most important thing.... the guest!

There is no left luggage! The person manning the concierge is so rude! What kind of a 3 star is that???

The rooms are ok. Do not expect a nice view. The people cleaning the rooms are actually the nicest ion the whole lot! The best part was the water pressure, its awesome. Otherwise, nothing special aside from the location.

Room Tip: Ask for twin rooms in 03 like 403, 503 etc. The rooms have a separate sitting room and much larger...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TEYWEY
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Once again we enjoyed our stay. The staff were very helpfull and let us check in even though we arrived early. Our room was not as big as the one we had in december, but it was clean, tidy, and adequate considering the discounted price we paid, and the fact that we were within central London. We hope to return to Central Park later this year.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple