“One of the best in town!”

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
Ranked #368 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times these past few months.
Each time my stay is equally pleasurable!
Amazing location, exceptional service, fine dinning and super friendly staff!
I would really recommend it to any business or other visitor in London.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We have been staying with my wife at Grosvenor Square several times due to its comparative advantage in superb quiet location but still next to Regent and Bond streets as well as Oxford Street. The hotel rooms are reasonable subject to London generally rather low standards and the hotel building is authentic.
The main restaurant deserves the visit while breakfeast only mediocre.

The staff quality is very volatile, unfortunately. Besides very good ones ready to help each customer, we also met number of receptionists with very limited interest in guests...What a pitty

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Grosvenor Square are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed here with some friends in December for a girly London Weekend. It was a special treat for a birthday and so we had paid a little extra for a 5 star hotel. I would have to say the positives first. It is an excellent and ideal location for touring and exploring. It is very sfae for a group of girls and within yards of Oxford street. Its is a beautiful area of London and you really experience the quintessential charm that is old London. Just like Mary Poppins!! The hotel is very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a superior room and so it was very spacious and not at all cramped. The decor and furniture are as stated contempary and very modern. I have a few issues with the service. I would have to say it was good but not to a five star standard. For example I went to reception to ask for an extra cup and some milk to be delivered to the room. I was very polietly told to go up to the restaurant and ask for it myself. I did not have a problem with actually doing this but I would not have expected that it would have been looked after for me and not by me. I would have to say that the staff are very friendly and poliet but the service was not as efficent as I would have expected. There was also an issue as to where we could have some coffee and desserts and were sent between two restaurants. I know these are minor things but at this level and at this price I would have expected nothing to be a problem.
Having said this it is definately a wonderful location and were the hotel cited in another area I'm not sure it would warrent the price.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the side of the hotel facing into Grovner Square. The view is Just gorgeous.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I stay here often and am never disappointed. A bit pricey but a good central location for shopping and sightseeing.

Comfortable and clean rooms, although some a little small and qwerky.

Food great and one of the best quality room service you can find.

Treat yourself!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 18 December 2012

My husband and I spent a week-end in Marriott Grosvenor Square. We enjoyed our stay very much. All the hotel staff we were dealing with, were without any exception very friendly, available and helpful. Checking in was professional and friendly. The location of the hotel is in walking distance of Selfridge's with New and Old Bond street and Oxford Street nearby. The Oxford Street tube station is a few minutes walk away.
The concierge provided us with good information and suggested a really nice Italian restaurant in walking distance from the hotel.
The room was small but comfortable. Same for the bathroom.

After dinner we spent time in their new bar, The Luggage Room which opened three days earlier. This cocktail bar draws on the spirit of the Roaring Twenties with adapted (Jazz)music. We were served great cocktails by a very nice staff.

Two minor points:
- the lounge is downstairs with a very low ceiling, giving it a bit of claustrophobic atmosphere
- there is not enough pressure on the water, so the shower experience could be better

All in all, a very good experience.
Next time in London, we will be back in Grosvenor Square !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple