“Room 409 elegant and stylish...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blakes Hotel

Blakes Hotel
Ranked #452 of 1,087 Hotels in London
“Room 409 elegant and stylish...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

Stayed with my lover for a romantic night...room 409 is on the top floor has a gorgeous big bath a very confortable big bed and a shower. Nice little suite just enough for our needs. A big TVS sofa and various interesting ornaments make this room warm and stylish.Must be fabulous in the summer as on the same floor there is a small terrace where you can enjoy a relaxing evening with a nice chilled rose.
Breakfast was ok, prompt service, oeuf benedicte a little over cooked, tasty orange juice and staff could be with being a little more smiley!!!
But I d for sure come back and try a different room.

• Stayed February 2012
15 Thank Ladyejc
BlakesHotel, General Manager at Blakes Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Thankyou very much for taking the time to highlight your experience at Blakes. I am certainly looking into why your breakfast was served over-cooked, and will ensure that our chefs provide you with the usual high quality cuisine next time you visit the restaurant. With your experience in mind, I will remind our staff to ensure the highest level of service at all times. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to book a further visit to Blakes.

Julian Payne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband booked 2 nights at Blakes Hotel for a surprise birthday weekend treat. Escaping from 2 toddlers is a luxury itself so I was very excited to think of the luxury of 2 quiet nights and 2 long lie ins! Sadly our first night was so noisy from the street (no double glazing) that we were awake most hours and then visitors in the room above us returned at 5am stomping around...We requested to change rooms for the following night and the staff were very obliging and found us a different room. Even though we were 2 visitors we only had 1 set of towels and 1 bottle of water in the room at 'turn down'. No kettles, tea or coffee in the room so HUGE service charges for everything brought to your room including lonesome cups of tea! However on the plus side the staff are very friendly, the rooms are very clean and the food (although very pricey) was delicious even the breakfasts...Overall an average but very expensive stay - disappointing considering how difficult it is for us to have a weekend without children :(

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bexieball
We are all extremely grateful to you for taking the time to write this review. I have spoken extensively to all departments involved with your experience. We do not place kettles in the rooms at Blakes due to our high standard of furnishing, therefore any tea or coffee purchased would go onto the room bill. I would like to invite you in for tea at your convenience to experience our usual high standard of presentation and service. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the restaurant, and please contact me directly to arrange a further visit to the hotel that I will organise personally.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Had such a fantastic stay at Blakes.. Everything was perfect, from service, room, drinks & food. I was taking my boyfriend for a birthday surprise and requested a certain room, which was one of the double luxurys with newspaper wallpaper and two bang & olsufen TVs.. I wrote a little note on the special request part of booking asking for that particular room and thought it wouldnt even get looked at.. but when we arrived we got it - such a nice surprise! Also got two glasses of champagne sent to the room on arrival which was another lovely little touch!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
19 Thank AlfieF2222
I am thrilled you received our continued high service during your stay, and thank you for this highly complimentary review. We appreciate guest feedback greatly, and I am delighted you were able to experience one of our Luxury Double rooms on your stay here. We like to add special touches to make our guests’ stay that much more special, and will continue to satisfy all our guests as much as possible. I look forward to welcoming you back to Blakes!

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed here for New Year's Eve with my boyfriend, we absolutely loved our room and couldn't have found the staff more helpful. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was delicious and had a few drinks in the bar afterwards! Again delicious.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
20 Thank morrisandmoppet
Thankyou so much for taking the time to share your experience at Blakes Hotel, and I am thrilled you were able to experience all aspects of the hotel at their continued best. Do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further bookings, and I will oversee the arrangements personally.

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I decided to surprise my (then) girlfriend with an overnight stay at Blakes in late November (notwithstanding that we live only 10 minutes away). The vibe of the hotel - boutique and avant garde - is boldly on display as soon as you enter the quirky reception area. The hotel decor tends toward the dark and eccentric. The room that we stayed in had a 'Cleopatra bed', heavy drapes and a distinct absence of light. Unfortunately, it doesn't require close inspection to see that this hotel is getting old and tired. The carpets and wallpaper are frayed and torn, and we had the impression that this was a hotel living on past glories. The restaurant was emphatically overpriced and the food sub-standard. The total bill for one night stay and dinner in the restaurant was over £500 - which really galled. You can do much better.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank UKBen75
Firstly, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel; we appreciate all feedback. We are currently going through soft refurbishments to amend anything that does not compliment the luxury accommodation we provide, and I have been assured that the points mentioned have been seen to. It is not our intention to over-price, only reflect the high level of cuisine that is produced by our chefs, and I sincerely apologise that you or your guest did not experience this. I am delighted to read you liked the quirkiness of the hotel, please get in touch directly to book your next stay with us and I will handle all the arrangements myself.