We were given room 723 upon arrival. The bathroom sliding door was off the track and could not be opened nor closed. The mini fridge in the room was filthy. We called the Reception Desk and reported these items and were given room 439.. When we settled our bags into the room we walked to a nearby grocery store to purchase some things that needed to be refrigerated in the mini fridge in the room. Upon return to our room we discovered the fridge was not cold, in fact it was turned off and we could not find a switch to turn it on. We reported this to Reception Desk and were advised that a maintenance staff person would come to fix the fridge. 1 1/2 hrs later we called Reception again and got a different staff person who advised that fridges are not included in our "standard room" and had been turned off because they were being removed. This was after we had purchased food that needed to be refrigerated. We happened to be in our room when housekeeping arrived and the cleaner advised that they do not replace the coffee cups and drinking glasses but wash them in the bathroom sink instead. The housekeeping supervisor came to check our room and when we told her about the coffee cups and glasses she said that was not supposed to be done and that they had a dishpan with disinfectant solution to wash these items before they are placed back in the room. The breakfast which was included free in our room charge was the best we have seen anywhere - buffet style with too many hot and cold choices to list, including brewed coffee instead of the usual instant served in England. Elisa in the Business Centre was extremely helpful by assisting us to check in online and print our airline boarding passes. Overall great, friendly service by the staff. Only 1 block to the Glouster Underground station and bus stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The perfect option for business or leisure the Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum sets the standard for hotels in Kensington. Stroll to Gloucester Road Tube Station, your gateway to the sights of the city. Enjoy the hotel s close proximity to Harrod's, the Royal Albert Hall, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres, the Natural History, Science and V&A Museums and Kensington Palace. As the tallest Holiday Inn Hotel in Europe, our 27-floor and 906 bedroom hotel offers modern bedrooms with stunning views of London from our higher floors. The hotel also offers a choice of suites and accessible rooms (one with hoist). All rooms are equipped with high speed Internet and Wi-Fi connectivity is available in the public areas. The hotel's carpark has 76 spaces and there is a 24-hour fitness room. Holiday Inn Kensington Forum offers its guests a choice of three restaurant and bars whether you want to relax with dinner, grab a quick snack or enjoy a pint of traditional British beer. The Academy offers 13 meeting and event rooms for up to 300 people, all with natural daylight, high-speed Internet and unlimited Starbucks tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, IHG, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum
- London Holiday Inn